Forgot license... What to do?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Interestingly, I tried this link. According to it, I have DSD, basic Nitrox and Rescue. Doesn't show OW or AOW, even though you couldn't possibly do Rescue without them.

Is your name different - even ever-so-slightly - on your OW or AOW card? +/- a middle initial? Bob vs Robert? That will be a different record in the PADI system.

:hijack:
Quick question...

Been diving many years, and the recent past has me with a "new shop" and "new agency". Because of no history with them, all of my cards issued by them (EAN, Rescue, MSD) and future ones (Technical Decompression Diver & Helitrox Diver in progress) don't have my picture as it is based on the picture filed with O/W. Has anyone had trouble with cert. cards w/o a photo attached being honored (I'm thinking EAN is the only one that might be remotely "important")? I would expect a photo ID along with the card would suffice.... just wondering....

:focus:

My TDI/SDI Nitrox card doesn't have a picture. I think your worry is a non-issue

With other diving organization, it does not seem so simple...
Is there some of you who knows how to proceed in those other diving organisation?

Best regards.

NASE is very easy... since there's no physical card to forget.

Replace C-Card

iphone.jpg

Interestingly, I tried this link. According to it, I have DSD, basic Nitrox and Rescue. Doesn't show OW or AOW, even though you couldn't possibly do Rescue without them.

Is your name different - even ever-so-slightly - on your OW or AOW card? +/- a middle initial? Bob vs Robert? That will be a different record in the PADI system.

FYI When you find the records (or if you can't but have all your cards), call PADI to merge them into one account by making the names consistent.
I once had a student who had 3 records, one with middle initial, one without, both with birthday June 7, and another with birthday July 6. PADI is serious about the DDMMYY while we are accustomed to MMDDYY.

Last edited:
I have three tricks.

1. I scan a copy to my Dropbox.
2. I have a picture stored in my phone.
3. I keep an older card in my save a dive kit. That kit is separate from my logbook where my other cards live.

Most PADI dive shops can look up your card online though the PADI website. Whether they will do that is another thing.

I got a duplicate AOW+Nitrox card from PADI that I carry around wherever I go just in case.

If I am technical diving, I better be carrying my full log book with all cert cards and deco tables anyways.

Sometimes, the PADI system keeps you in a slightly different slot: with or without middle initial, different birthday, name misspelled, etc. I had a different entries (2 entries, 3 certs) for a while but I contacted them asking them to combine them. No problem. Keep looking around, I'll bet you can find yourself. If not, you can get PADI to change the records using cert#s.

That is almost always because of a slight difference in the record file, middle initial vs. no middle initial etc. If you are getting your PIC online your instructor should have looked up your old record file and added to that, but if they start a new one and one tiny shred of information is slightly different it won't show up.

Sometimes, the PADI system keeps you in a slightly different slot: with or without middle initial, different birthday, name misspelled, etc. I had a different entries (2 entries, 3 certs) for a while but I contacted them asking them to combine them. No problem. Keep looking around, I'll bet you can find yourself. If not, you can get PADI to change the records using cert#s.

It was more a comment than a concern. I'm unlikely to bother trying to "fix" it. I have photos of all my cards on my iPhone, but the only one I generally carry to the shop is my IANTD card, since that covers recreational, deep, deco and advanced nitrox.

:hijack:
Quick question...

Been diving many years, and the recent past has me with a "new shop" and "new agency". Because of no history with them, all of my cards issued by them (EAN, Rescue, MSD) and future ones (Technical Decompression Diver & Helitrox Diver in progress) don't have my picture as it is based on the picture filed with O/W. Has anyone had trouble with cert. cards w/o a photo attached being honored (I'm thinking EAN is the only one that might be remotely "important")? I would expect a photo ID along with the card would suffice.... just wondering....

:focus:

IANTD cards (or at least mine, there could certainly be differences...) don't have photos.
Never been a problem. I don't recall being asked for a photo ID anywhere, either.

That is almost always because of a slight difference in the record file, middle initial vs. no middle initial etc. If you are getting your PIC online your instructor should have looked up your old record file and added to that, but if they start a new one and one tiny shred of information is slightly different it won't show up.

I had this issue at one point, and then my dive shop fixed it for me and merged the different PADI records into one. I don't know how they did it technically, though.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom