Fort Lauderdale Mini-Season

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OBXDIVEGUY

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
Ok, so I've heard all of the horror stories about mini-season down here. :eek_2: Now, seriously, what am I getting into? We're heading out on our boat at midnight Tuesday and going to some reefs off Fort Lauderdale. Can I expect lines at the ramp, people fighting for spots on the water, angry mobs firing guns up into the air, being challenged to duels, and general mass hysteria?!

And, how about where we launch. Typically we launch from John Lloyd park, but the ramp is closed at that time. Are there special hours available at the other public launches?

Anyway, I can stand a little excitement out there. But seriously, if no one hears from me on Friday, can ya'll please send out a search party and maybe check Gitmo to see if I ended up there for some unknown reason? :wink:

Ok, so I've heard all of the horror stories about mini-season down here. :eek_2: Now, seriously, what am I getting into? We're heading out on our boat at midnight Tuesday and going to some reefs off Fort Lauderdale. Can I expect lines at the ramp, people fighting for spots on the water, angry mobs firing guns up into the air, being challenged to duels, and general mass hysteria?!

And, how about where we launch. Typically we launch from John Lloyd park, but the ramp is closed at that time. Are there special hours available at the other public launches?

Anyway, I can stand a little excitement out there. But seriously, if no one hears from me on Friday, can ya'll please send out a search party and maybe check Gitmo to see if I ended up there for some unknown reason? :wink:

I'm thinking mini season is the perfect time to have a social/happy hour at Bru's Room (US1/Atlantic) to avoid all the chaos....

The unfortunately reality is that a few people who dive once or twice a year will have accidents all for a sea faring cockroach.

Yes..

Tim, I must say....between the rebreather and your new avatar, your dad must be devastated.

So much for the high and mighty impartiality of the moderation staff around here....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom