Fort Laurderdale-Ginnie

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

diver gadget

Contributor
Reaction score
Can anyone tell me approx. how log the drive would be from Fort Laurderdale to Ginnie Springs?? I am possibily looking at going to Ginnie for a few days, possibily taking a course. I have a condo that I can stay at for free in Fort Laurderdale. I don't think they are close enough that I could drive home at night so I figure I will camp at Ginnie but just wondering how far by car??

Second part of the question is, is there any diving in Fort Laurderdale??

It is about 300 miles between the two, so it would be a LONG drive.

As far as Lauderdale, I have only heard about some great wreck diving, but never had a chance yet to dive there.

Their is diving in Ft. Lauderdale and their is some really good diving in West Palm Beach. We dove with Coral Island Charters and had no regrets. Big Turtles, coral, and lots of fish.

We also made the drive you spoke of. Mapquest.com will give you a good idea of the best route to take and how long.

Good luck! :wink:

Originally posted by triggertravel
Their is diving in Ft. Lauderdale and their is some really good diving in West Palm Beach. We dove with Coral Island Charters and had no regrets. Big Turtles, coral, and lots of fish.

We also made the drive you spoke of. Mapquest.com will give you a good idea of the best route to take and how long.

Good luck! :wink:

There are very inexpensive hotels along the interstate and that would be cheaper than the fuel and Turnpike fees. Not to mention the really long drive.

What course are you interested in? It is probably offered in the WPB area. Cavern? Cave Intro?

I just got back from Lauderdale and the diving was pretty good. I dove on the Lady Go Diver out of Dearfield Beach and liked it alot. I had a friend there that dove with ProDiver in Ft. Lauderdale and he had good things to say about them as well.

Have a great trip.

Chad

The diving in Ft. Lauderdale isn't bad at all. www.sfdh.com is not a bad group to dive simply to have fun.
That's Pompano. In WPB, the diving is in my opinion better for AOW and above. It's all drift diving and their is much more life.
The drive to Ginnie from Seatech (FAU) is 312 miles. If you are driving to Ginnie, either camp or stay at one of the area hotels.
If taking any overhead training, head north. There aren't many people who teach this very often in South Florida. (by often, I mean weekly). The quality of training is worth the drive.

Have fun and dive safe.

Thanks for all the info there guys. Does anyone know how to find Ginnie using a site like mapquest? I ended up using a place called High Springs to get the closest directions.

"Thanks for all the info there guys. Does anyone know how to find Ginnie using a site like mapquest? I ended up using a place called High Springs to get the closest directions."

When you get into High Springs go to Extreme Exposure dive shop, they can tell you how to get to Ginnie Springs. It's pretty easy to find, but I cant remember the directions. The folks at EE are friendly and will give you directions.
Kevin

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom