Found an old reg set today

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

terrasmak

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Well going thru my parents house looking for the old gear , i finally found some. I know we have 2 or 3 regs laying around and few other things. What i found is an AMF Mr12 second stage and what looks like some kind of flathead design first stage. Anyone have any info on what i got here. Im hoping to find the other stuff soon , its ??? in this place and know one of the others os early 70's aqualung.

terrasmak:
Well going thru my parents house looking for the old gear , i finally found some. I know we have 2 or 3 regs laying around and few other things. What i found is an AMF Mr12 second stage and what looks like some kind of flathead design first stage. Anyone have any info on what i got here. Im hoping to find the other stuff soon , its ??? in this place and know one of the others os early 70's aqualung.

What you have is a very old first-generation MR-12 balanced diaphragm regulator. I cannot tell from the photo if the first stage has two low pressure ports or three. The high pressure port on those first stages had a 3/8 fitting (same as the low pressure ports) so if you are using a new pressure gauge you will need an adapter. Most Mares service centers will still have parts for that regulator.

I still use those. Parts are beginning to become somewhat diffucult but it was such a bread and butter design, much of which is still seen in Mares stuff today, that parts were plentiful and here and there they show up. That one is pre venturi assist tube. Still an excellent and rugged regulator. I think of it as the Voit equivilent to the Conshelf. Not that they were the same--they were not--but both used simple diaphram first stage with a rugged metal second. Don't throw those away, if in good shape they can fetch 50 to 100 dollars on ebay--or--just use them yourself. N (or sned them to me--lol)

Its got two lp ports and one high , doubt i'm going to use it. I may rebuild and clean it up , its stuff my grandfather used when he dove.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom