Found Camera - stage.com - Help!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Man i wish i had found this thread sooner- this'll be a great story for the owner

I echo the sentiments of ScubaSteve when I say thank you for all the help I have received on this thread. We are very close to a bitter sweet conclusion. Julia, the woman helping out on the Aruba website, is the Editor-in-Chief of the Aruba Today newspaper. She is at the Schakel school as I type this.

This was just posted by Julia on the Aruba website:

GREAT NEWS. Went to the school, sorted through all the toe-heads to find the owner of the camera who I recognized from the photos you posted. The Mom couldn't believe that their camera was found in another country (much less in Florida). Venezuela, Colombia, even Panama would have been more believable. She said the camera drifted away from him while he was securing the anchor of the dive boat.

Congratulations, Aquahound. Good work. Nice to hear from the owner, too. Also, thanks to everyone who helped in finding and tracking down the various clues (not to belittle the fact that AH did much of the work.)

Wow, wow, wow. I can't believe that the story is finsihed and the owner has been found. Many, many thanks to you, Aquahound and everyone else. In a world of so much trouble and unhappiness this is truly a wonderful story. How a group of people with one thing in common, a love of diving, and who have never met nor likely will join together and achieve the most unlikely. Cheers to all!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom