Found Camera - stage.com - Help!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I didn't have anything useful to add to this incredible story but have subscribed to this thread and read the updates from the beginning.

Thanks to Aquahound and everyone else who helped and encouraged.

Hmm... So the Lost series is over and so is this thread. Where will I get my fix for a good mystery now?

Wow! What a great thread to read!

If anyone is up for another camera mystery... I lost my camera at the Indy 500 Carb Day concert this past Friday...any information in helping to find my camera will be greatly appreciated...and I do not think a turtle video will be involved :)

Great job to all the SB detectives!

Aquahound,

I've just returned from a 5 day dive vacation (in Dumaguete) where I didn't get anywhere near a computer, and whilst out on a dive seeing a turtle cruise past me, across my mind flashed the thought "I wonder if the camera owner was found" -- !

Congratulations, best tale to date on Scubaboard, and if I ever lose my camera I hope someone as helpful as you finds it.

Cheers

Hmm... So the Lost series is over and so is this thread. Where will I get my fix for a good mystery now?

Almost! We get to do a "reunion episode" when this hits the press. I'll post the links when they are published.

Thanks again to all who helped, especially with the translation, the Google Earthing, and the plane's tail number. I couldn't have done this without your help!

Mandy - I took on this little challenge and actually had a lot of fun doing it. I could never ask for shipping costs from you. Just sit there, relax, and you and your property will be reunited shortly. :)

One thing - I can not get the camera to work. It's in good shape, but just won't turn on. I've tried new batteries and connecting it directly to my computer. It may or may not be something simple. Hopefully, you will have more luck. I cleaned most of the growth off the Ikelite housing. There's still a little more in the buttons, but with a little more cleaning, you should still be able to use it.

Thanks Aquahound and everybody involved, it's been great reading since I found the thread some ten days ago.

BtW; aren't there any cartoonist on the board? There's definitely a t-shirt in this story!

*the turtle did it*

Scuba Board Sleuths Solve Camera Mystery!

Owner Reunited With Lost Camera After Incredible Ocean Journey
Looks lime to repost this
Wonderful story with a happy ending ... you guys are good :D

Keetje / Mandy .... welcome to ScubaBoard, home to some pretty nice peple :)

Well done! I actually thought it was a lost cause to find the owner, but I was so wrong.

Again, good job!!

I would like to thank you all for your help finding us and I've read all the posts on 29 pages and it was real fun and interesting to read. I was surprised in how everybody wanted to help Aquahound in returning the camera to it's owner by mailing to friends who work in aviation or by googling for words etc. Great how you all worked together! I hope we will never loose a camera again but if we do I know who to contact haha. The turtle was fun too, it gave an extra touch to this story. I will never forget this and a great story to tell everyone. Thanks guys (and girls)!

Greetings Mandy

By the way, this is the anchor where they were working on underwater and where they lost the camera. It's now a WW II monument on the Marine Barracks Savaneta to remember 4 dutch militaries who died on Eagle Beach Aruba while trying to disarm a torpedo fired by a German submarine U-156.[/QUOTE]

And yet another cool angle to the story!

Loved following the mystery.. thanks to all!

Wow, and amazing. This has been the best thread ever.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom