Found Camera - stage.com - Help!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hey, Aquahound, Friday night at Horizon Divers in Key Largo, or

Saturday night at Pilot house . . . Are you going to come?

Definitely not on Fri due to other plans. Sat is a maybe. It's a 2 hour drive from KW to KL.

We have our fingers crossed!

I'm not a diver, but saw a link to this story at robgalbraith dot com /bins/content_page.asp?cid=7-10052-10744 (I can't post the link, too new) and enjoyed reading through the thread. It's a great story, and everyone here did a great job tracking down the owners. I was really disheartened to learn of this board's legal woes. I hate seeing people try to use the lawsuits to silence people and hide from criticism. I've made a small donation to the LDF, and I hope some of the other people who find this site due to this story are able to as well.

I saw the story on Yahoo! and was intrigued. The turtle video is so neat. It kinda makes me sad to know the sea creatures have encounters such as these with "lost" items at sea. I'm so glad the camera case, strap and all, was able to get untangled from it's flipper. Also, as I was reading the threads from the beginning, I couldn't help but think of the "Finding Nemo" story where the story of Nemo's father trying to find him keeps getting passed along until it finally reaches Nemo. GREAT JOB ALL! Kudos for all your hard work.

Great thread AH and Scubaboard...

Finally had time to sit down and read it... Y'all stole an hour or two of cramming time for my Poly Sci midterm, but it was worth it!

Read the story on Yahoo, then found the Turtle video on youtube, which ultimately lead me to this thread, because I DO READ THE DESCRIPTION! I really enjoyed reading all 39 pages and following all the hints you guys picked up. I have about 20 tabs open to all the pictures and wereldstage.com and the aruba site. Everytime you guys got closer to finding out the origin was Aruba, I would find myself rooting for you guys "so close, almost there!" Congrats to Aquahound, on finishing your little mission, congrats to all you on ScubaBoard for being such a key part in finding the owner of this camera. This family is so lucky to have so many people try so hard to get their camera back to them. The turtle video is just a really awesome bonus!

Read the story on Yahoo, then found the Turtle video on youtube, which ultimately lead me to this thread, because I DO READ THE DESCRIPTION! I really enjoyed reading all 39 pages and following all the hints you guys picked up. I have about 20 tabs open to all the pictures and wereldstage.com and the aruba site. Everytime you guys got closer to finding out the origin was Aruba, I would find myself rooting for you guys "so close, almost there!" Congrats to Aquahound, on finishing your little mission, congrats to all you on ScubaBoard for being such a key part in finding the owner of this camera. This family is so lucky to have so many people try so hard to get their camera back to them. The turtle video is just a really awesome bonus!

AH is an instant celebrity now...

I'm surprised he has time for us "little people."

@Aquahound, can I have your E-autograph? :D

It's nice that the story of the hunt here on this thread did get out and this was the real story. Glad to see some of the new members have enjoyed reading thru the few hundred posts, joking, etc. It was fun.

I too saw the article on Yahoo News and decided to read the blog. I was so fascinated by the story that I registered with scubaboard so I could read the whole thing and see the pictures. I was up until 4:30 last night reading it all. I am glad to see how many people took the time and effort put into finding the rightful owner of the camera. Congratulations to you all, especially AH. Job well done!! I am only sorry the turtle involved will never know the role it played in this fabulous story.

Here are a couple more photos. I tried zooming in on the restaurant scene. Nothing. The other is the school function (possibly) I mentioned. Can anyone read the writing on the wall? Even the airport shows no identifiers.

Surprisingly, the tail number of the Continental airplane can not be found in FAA's registry. It reads like N78?8?. (I can not post the FAA registry link because I am a new user. You can google it.)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom