Found Camera - stage.com - Help!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

After reading about the amazing sea turtle on Dagbladet's webpage (www dot dagbladet dot no /2010/06/18/nyheter/utenriks/dyrenes_nyheter/12189872/), I immediately felt curious, and I had to satisfy that curiosity.

I've now read this thread from beginning to end, and I'm amazed! Kudos to everyone involved in this, and I'm satisfied to see that the story had a happy ending.

So, Aquahound, did you save all the other pictures? Were there any other interesting ones?

Not really. All the pictures were similar to what was posted. The story behind the anchor was the most interesting. I have tremendous respect for Dick de Bruin and his team for going through all that work to recover pieces of history and remembering those who died. In the big picture of WWII, we tend to overlook the smaller fronts, like our Aruban friends who died for their cause.

Just wanted to let you know that this is really great story.

Best regards to all scubaboard's members and AquaHound from Mongolia. :admingreet:

Can't resist it -- another shots of a relative of the culprit :D

This guy was off "Apo" Island Philippines at end of May, perfect.

Spotted him near grand cayman as well! (from my albums)

ScubaBoard Gallery - Hawksbill turtle at Tarpon Alley, Grand Cayman
http://www.scubaboard.com/gallery/showphoto.php/photo/108452
smturtle2.jpg

and the mugshot

smturtle_closeup-cheeseburger_reef.jpg

They just mentioned this story on 93.3 WMMR in Philadelphia on the Preston and Steve Show (morning show). It was part of their "Bizarre File." It was only about a minute, but they do put out a podcast later in the day that can be found at wmmr.com

BTW, I've been silently reading this whole thread and have been telling everyone about this fascinating story.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom