FOUND IN LAGUNA - Dacor Darwin Wrist Computer

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DiverBuoy

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
This is a shout out to all Laguna Beach Divers ... I found a Dacor Darwin Wrist computer while diving in Shaw's Cove. Please post if you lost your wrist computer in this location, so we can discuss your story (and computer details).

Maybe it was registered with Dacor, wonder if they could help you find the owner (given the owner registered it, and that person is still the owner)

Already checked, Dacor tracked (past tense) vendor sales of unit lots, not individual names. They do have warranty registration for a few of their units but so few consumers of any products register (unfortunately). Now this computer is no longer in service and they won't even sell replacment parts or service the unit (per the information I researched). Local shops that sold the units seem to be willing to honor private warranties they made, as long as they have parts and expertise to help.

Doc Intrepid:
Dude, it's a Dacor Darwin.

c'mon now...

Have you considered that the former owner may not want it back?

[But bless you for honesty and a good heart...]

Hey if it came with the transducer I may have reconsidered, just kidding. I'm sure the diver who lost this wasn't thrilled about the discovery. No doubt the buddy pair looked around for a while. Hopefully at some point owner and computer can be reunited, it would be a happy outcome.

Have you told Laguna Sea Sports about your find? They are often the first place divers go to find out about lost dive stuff.

L

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom