Four Regs, One Tank

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ktomlinson

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Check out this contraption.

snorkelplus-ring.jpg

snorkelplus-okay-underwater.jpg

Snorkel Plus - Original by K.I. Marine Sports Center - Yacht Cruising - Diving - Fishing - Snorkeling and Lot More

I don't know where to begin with the things wrong with this contraption
.... I really don't

Maybe someone else can help start me off

Nic

I don't know where to begin with the things wrong with this contraption
.... I really don't
Maybe someone else can help start me off...Nic

As a kid growing up, I've done some pretty dumb "stuff" and some worse than that contraption.
But, I didn't charge and offer my brain farts as a service to the paying public.

All of the above.

How is this any more dangerous than SNUBA? Granted, I don't think SNUBA is a good idea either. I just noticed that none of the "lessons" covers dropping your weights.

How is this any more dangerous than SNUBA? Granted, I don't think SNUBA is a good idea either. I just noticed that none of the "lessons" covers dropping your weights.

I guess it isn't much different than snuba. I'm not sure why they didn't just let one guy wear a bc and swim in the middle of the group :)

I was going to say: "Well, if they were OW certified..." , but if they were OW certified why would they need a contraption like that? As for the actual rig, if there were a better lesson (basic scuba) and someone with an independent supply of air (dive master) keeping tabs on everyone, I could see this being not super dangerous as long as they stayed above 30 feet.

I would (after examining snuba) say that this setup is more dangerous as the "divers" are not tied to the surface.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom