France plans shark massacre

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

This is absolutely short-sighted and ridiculous. As short-sighted and ridiculous as comments such as:
"It's a shame the french aren't a little smarter than this. It's also unfortunate that this probably won't get the attention necessary to embarrass them enough to dissuade them."
Trust me for it, I'm French!

Soooooo..... Do you surrender then?

it is unfortunate that this reaction primarily seems only directed at sharks. If someone is attacked and killed by a bear, you don't hear about culling the bear population?

i agree that after 40 years we should be well past the fear of Jaws. Some of the horrible sequels should have helped. It amazes me to speak with people who are paralyzingly terrified of sharks.

Man I've surrendered a while back. Haven't lived there in a long time. Miss the food and wine but not much else.
Unfortunately this kind of thing still happens a lot in a lot of places. Luckily killing a couple of sharks for perceived safety reasons contributes very little to the shark's path towards extinction. This is caused by greed and traditional medicine...

40 million sharks killed annually? Maybe these attacks are part of a programme for sharks to cull the dangerous human population.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom