Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

We didn’t want to interfere with their trajectory. We just waited and saw them from the side as they passed by. When two of the sperm whales passed us by, you could hear their clicks in the above video. They probably probably talking about us.

We are much smaller than them. If they felt threatened, they could easily attacked us and bit us.

One common behavior when they saw us, they started to dive into the blue. However some of them curious enough to dive upside down and watching us from below.

My impression is that we as bystanders do not seem to bother them as we try to not interfering with their path. They weren’t skittish like hammerheads (fleeting away as they see our bubbles). They kept going & minded their own business.

I didn't think that the divers would affect their trajectory. I just wondered if they'd shown any interest at all. It's enough that they talked about you. Heehee

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom