Free Flowing Reg Procedure

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

After having a freeze flow during my first round of AOW, these are some things I picked up.
Things to do:
1. You can usually feel them coming on so you have a few breaths before it fully flows. (as was explained by my instructor)
2. Find your buddy and start your ascent. (PADI SOP)
3. If your buddy is an idiot then take matters in your own hands. (keeping you from his octo)
4. Do what you need to do to get to the surface safely. (buddy being an anchor while he tries to figure out why your regs are flowing at depth)

Things not to do:
1. Don't get stuck with some random buddy from class.
2. When he starts pressing the purge button on your octo he's got to go. (both regs flowing)
3. Dont come up 5 minutes after your buddy surfaces and ask if everything is ok. (Idiot)

And the biggest thing I learned and turned me off to diving for a few years.
They certify the idiot that is going to get someone killed but not the one the handles the situation.

My opinion is to pick a technique and practice it and that way if/when you need it you aren't trying to decide what to do next you just react and get out of the situation.
John

Back
Top Bottom