Freedom Contour _Small_ - What wings fit?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Man, a couple of Christmases ago I saw them, they were on offer, hand went in the pocket, it was chrismas after all

Better than socks, don't need socks here

No1 tip, don't carry any money in pocket

469A35E2-36CC-4951-9C0E-F5032508200A.jpeg
E9775A2A-EC59-4957-A5EF-26550941BF16.jpeg
I may have further adjusted this set up, as this was my first time using the BP/W. This is the HOG for New England diving, but I would prefer a smaller wing for warm water diving.

@Eric Sedletzky - You may be surprised to hear this, but given pricing of components + freight from the states, I'm considering the purchase of that very BC to strip for components to build up my Freedom Plates. Rough math @ Aussie prices: Complete Apollo TAS with free delivery $629 vs Harness & Hardware ~$150, Apollo Bio Tank Band ~$160 that puts the wing itself at ~$320.

FNQ_Mick

Alas, the above option turns out to be a bust - Discontinued.

I may have largely solved the problem - I might just have some 55mm x 5mm slots machined into the sides of the wedge & run cam bands through that like an STA.

FNQ_Mick

Yes that would work.
All you have to do is mark where the rubber tank protector edge is then drill 1/4” (5mm) holes on each end of where your slot will be then use a thin 4” cut-off wheel on a 4” angle grinder and cut the centers out. A little work with a hand file and you’re done. It doesn’t need to look pretty nobody’s going to see it behind the tank, just as long as the cam band fabric doesn’t get cut or chafed.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom