Freedom Plates

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

how much would one cost - if you could buy them?
The last batch of stainless Contours ran $200 plus shipping for either size.
They weren't dirt cheap, but not super expensive either considering how much hand work went into them.

---------- Post added December 16th, 2015 at 10:58 AM ----------

still holding out hope that one somehow is produced in a stretched configuration to fit a long torso of a tall individual.......
How tall?

The last batch of stainless Contours ran $200 plus shipping for either size.
They weren't dirt cheap, but not super expensive either considering how much hand work went into them.

---------- Post added December 16th, 2015 at 10:58 AM ----------

How tall?

6'-7" - I use Tobin's long (singles), and X-long (doubles) to reach valves and sit properly on my back/hip area.

6'-7" - I use Tobin's long (singles), and X-long (doubles) to reach valves and sit properly on my back/hip area.
I'm 6'-4" and the large works for me but you'd probably need one an inch or so longer, maybe more, so that would be a one-off build.
It also depends how high you like your waist strap. Some people like them high right under the rib cage so it won't interfere with a weightbelt.
If people use weight pockets on the waist strap then they like a longer plate so the pockets are down more.

we can go off line for a discussion should you be interested.....

Heading downstairs to work on Old #10. Only do this when the spirit moves me, less mistakes that way. Eric's description has given me a whole new appreciation for the old girl.

Went to the "museum" and broke out a new electrode. Getting low on the "good stuff". *sigh*

Ceriated rod.jpg

The freedom plate? Still gorgeous and making people drool.

: drool:

Back
Top Bottom