Frequency of Housing Maintenance

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Service charge is the same $125.00 plus freight for all digital still or digital SLR housings.

A sticky button may be fixed by putting a little lubricant on the pushbutton and pushing it a number of times. You might try liquid silicone if you can find it, but don't use any kind of spray lube.

Regards,
Jean / Ikelite
IKELITE Underwater Systems

Seems like you did not have any issues with Canadian customs or customs borkers, which would have been my concern Darnold9999.
When you send it mark it clearly return for repair. There is a form for that - KEEP THE FORM - if there is any issue on return you have the evidence. Return via US Post NOT UPS and no duties if Ikelite marks it as a return for repair which they did. A small issue Canada Post took the .01 declared value as 101 and charged me GST and PST so I ended up paying $15.00 or so more than I needed to but it is too much trouble to complain to Canada Post to get the $15 back.

When you send it mark it clearly return for repair. There is a form for that - KEEP THE FORM - if there is any issue on return you have the evidence. Return via US Post NOT UPS and no duties if Ikelite marks it as a return for repair which they did. A small issue Canada Post took the .01 declared value as 101 and charged me GST and PST so I ended up paying $15.00 or so more than I needed to but it is too much trouble to complain to Canada Post to get the $15 back.

Thanks for the info about using US Post for the return. Enjoy the refurbished housing on your upcoming trip.

Jean @ Ikelite

Last week I called you for some suggestions on why my strobe wasn't firing. After your help, I went on to the Ikelite website, followed the Trouble Shooting instructions and found I made a really stupid mistake on my set up (Won't care to discuss it). Anyway, everything is now perfect!

Don't you love having a Manufactor's rep on the board???? Wish Oly had one...

Last week I called you for some suggestions on why my strobe wasn't firing. After your help, I went on to the Ikelite website, followed the Trouble Shooting instructions and found I made a really stupid mistake on my set up (Won't care to discuss it). Anyway, everything is now perfect!

Glad you got the set-up sorted out! Stupid mistakes are my specialty... My last housing came from production with several specially made stickers with questions like "Is the lens cap on?" and "Did you put the battery in?"

Cheers,
Jean / Ikelite
IKELITE Underwater Systems

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom