freshwater jellys

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

divingmoose

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
last week in star lake in Manitoba,s Whiteshell Provincial Park swimmers discovered
fresh water jellyfish acording to the paper(wpg. freepress aug 30/10)they are the same species as a jelly from china.
Im heading that way saturday to go for a dive and see for myself and get a few pictures. I hope there still there.

We have seen them in both the St. Lawrence River, near Brockville, as well as in Lake Ontario, in Kingston. Pretty amazing!

they are in some of the deeper lakes here as well
not an invasive species however
only see them when conditions are just right
about the size of a quarter-don't hurt hamans...
cool,eh?????!!!!
have fun
yaeg

Well I when out to star but didnt dive I talked to a few locals there are not a lot left to see and a diver buddy told me he was a t the beach on the 4th and kids were scooping them up in buckets Ill try to get there next summer during the heat wave in july, Aug Ill update next year.

Here in Ontario we have been spotting them at the Welland Scuba Park. Here is a cropped image of one.
IMG_3019-FWJelly 1.jpg

Back
Top Bottom