West Hawk Lake fatality - Manitoba, Canada

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks I am aware of that was contemplating getting a dry suit this year but not in my budget but doing the AOW course your required to do 1 deep dive to 100 feet. I wanted to be sure that my 7 mm wet suit will be sufficient enough for it.

Oh **** I didn't look at your location! Yeah students do it both ways... pros and cons to both. Spring water temps can be a bit colder in the upper thermoclines but a good wetsuit, hood and gloves will get you through it with some sunshine between dives. Regardless of which shop you've signed up with the instructors are all great and will take care of you.

If you see a blue dive trailer flying a jolly roger and a tattooed white bearded diver shoreside come over and say hey :)
Definitely will do maybe one day we can dive together would be nice to get together with other divers as well at Westhawk lake.

Thank you all for the advice on what to expect from a wetsuit and a drysuit and the temperature change as well at 100 feet I’m looking forward to my AOW course and sure I will do fine.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom