Friday May 23rd, 2008 DWnDD!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Rickster what's the cut off day ? I don't see on the site whether they carry nitrox or not? any chance at getting their air quality report?

thanks

Hi,
There is no cut off day. No Nitrox. For an air quality report you will have to call the boat.

........... I sent Rickster a PM on this, but I think he's busy right now.
Hi Brian, I answered your PM. Sorry for not getting back with you.

I'm in! Already got a dental appointment!.... er I mean a day off!
So, I've never been on this boat, what do we need? Do they fill on board or do we need to bring multiple tanks? From the pix, I'm guessing we can't sleep on the boat! What time do we get back?

Just bring the usual equipment to dive. One tank is all you need. The boat provides the fills. They can fill HP tanks as well. It is a day boat, no sleeping onboard. Return time is hard to estimate. We are heading to Santa Cruz Island for the first dive, so, the return time will depend on conditions, time on the divesites, travel time(out and back and between time divesites), ......hmmmmm I would guess sometime between 3pm and 6pm.

Thanks,
Rick

Cody, find an excuse....( work on saturday and sunday! ) I'm looking to go on this one!!

Rickster what's the cut off day ? I don't see on the site whether they carry nitrox or not? any chance at getting their air quality report?

thanks

I'll do what I can. my poor Friday students forgot who I am. I haven't worked a Friday in close to a month. I will think of something though.

If anyone is looking at renting a tank, I have an extra al80 that you can use for free. So, don't spend the money.

Just PM me and I'll bring it that morning.

Are you giving out your Helium tank to someone again??? :shakehead:

Helium can be done if you want. But, I'd have to charge you what it costs to fill, that stuff is expensive. No charge for being filled with straight air. Also, you'd have to show your trimix cert. For these dives normoxic is fine.

is that what was in it? I should have known!

Of course Cody :wink: ...my brother my brother (ha ha ha)

Oh, and BTW, please ignore Cyclops_Diver's post below this one... he copied my post that was right after it...

Last edited:
Helium can be done if you want. But, I'd have to charge you what it costs to fill, that stuff is expensive. No charge for being filled with straight air. Also, you'd have to show your trimix cert. For these dives normoxic is fine.

Wait, I was kidding around, but you can actually dive with Helium?
Now here is a joke that backfired...

Im not sure but i think helium is part of the trimix?

Im not sure but i think helium is part of the trimix?

Be sure...you're correct...But there is more!

There are two types of trimix. Normoxic which has minimum PP02 of .18 at the surface (or 18% 02). You add helium to reduce nitrogen. A common mix would be 21% 02 and 30% helium, reducing Nitrogen to approx. 49% at the surface.

A hypoxic mix is the other trimix. You can reduce the percentage of 02 to something like 10% at the surface and put something like 50% helium (different agencies recommend different mixes for different dives). Bottom line is you reduce the chances of nitrogen narcosis and oxygen toxicity at greater depths. Draw backs are that you need a travel gas to get to depths and you have to be keenly aware that helium gases of differently than nitrogen (pay attention to stops and times).

Whew... now you know...
03.gif
oh, and on this wreck dive, helium is not required...
04.gif

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom