Friday May 23rd, 2008 DWnDD!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wait, I was kidding around, but you can actually dive with Helium?
Now here is a joke that backfired...

I know you were kidding... :D I was just play'n with ya too. I can't imagine someone going through the expense of diving trimix for a dive under 100 ft.

There are two types of trimix. Normoxic which has minimum PP02 of .18 at the surface (or 18% 02). You add helium to reduce nitrogen. A common mix would be 21% 02 and 30% helium, reducing Nitrogen to approx. 49% at the surface.

A hypoxic mix is the other trimix. You can reduce the percentage of 02 to something like 10% at the surface and put something like 50% helium (different agencies recommend different mixes for different dives). Bottom line is you reduce the chances of nitrogen narcosis and oxygen toxicity at greater depths. Draw backs are that you need a travel gas to get to depths and you have to be keenly aware that helium gases of differently than nitrogen (pay attention to stops and times).

Whew... now you know... :wink: oh, and on this wreck dive, helium is not required... :D

... and the tank offer (no helium) is still good...

Last edited:
I know you were kidding... :D I was just play'n with ya too. I can't imagine someone going through the expense of diving trimix for a dive under 100 ft.

There are two types of trimix. Normoxic which has minimum PP02 of .18 at the surface (or 18% 02). You add helium to reduce nitrogen. A common mix would be 21% 02 and 30% helium, reducing Nitrogen to approx. 49% at the surface.

A hypoxic mix is the other trimix. You can reduce the percentage of 02 to something like 10% at the surface and put something like 50% helium (different agencies recommend different mixes for different dives). Bottom line is you reduce the chances of nitrogen narcosis and oxygen toxicity at greater depths. Draw backs are that you need a travel gas to get to depths and you have to be keenly aware that helium gases of differently than nitrogen (pay attention to stops and times).

Whew... now you know... :wink: oh, and on this wreck dive, helium is not required... :D

That's what I said! Wow...I'm smart. :D:lotsalove::rofl3:

Disclaimer: I edited my previous post with Kevfin's post that was after my first post but before this post, in a lame attempt at being funny because I'm at work and bored senseless. The information contained in Kevfin's post is great information. He is a blessing and one of the good guys.

I hate to be the one to announce this, but, This trip has been cancelled. A week ago, I talked to Andy, The Sunfish Captain/Owner, I told him we were going. I recieved an email from Ken, Andy's new scheduler. Here is what he said:
-----------------------------------------------
Hi Rick,
Michelle asked that I email you as they will be out of town part of the week. We were talking about the schedule and Michelle said she had not heard anything from you about the Friday wreck trip. There were no other people signed up for it, so Andy scheduled a doctors apt. on that day.
I had also taken the day off to Divemaster that trip as there was no one else to do it. After Andy made his apt. I scheduled myself to work so I am not available now.
We do not know at this time if you are still trying to sell the trip or not. At this time Andy and a Divemaster will not be available.

-------------------------------------------------

I, at this time, am looking for another boat.

Rick

I hate to be the one to announce this, but, This trip has been cancelled. A week ago, I talked to Andy, The Sunfish Captain/Owner, I told him we were going. I recieved an email from Ken, Andy's new scheduler. Here is what he said:
-----------------------------------------------
Hi Rick,
Michelle asked that I email you as they will be out of town part of the week. We were talking about the schedule and Michelle said she had not heard anything from you about the Friday wreck trip. There were no other people signed up for it, so Andy scheduled a doctors apt. on that day.
I had also taken the day off to Divemaster that trip as there was no one else to do it. After Andy made his apt. I scheduled myself to work so I am not available now.
We do not know at this time if you are still trying to sell the trip or not. At this time Andy and a Divemaster will not be available.

-------------------------------------------------

I, at this time, am looking for another boat.

Rick

So, are we still diving somewhere else or should I just go to work?

I just got a call from the Sun Fish and they were still trying to fill the boat (7 more) to go. So what's going on?

any word on if were going or not... Need to let work know asap...

Yeah, let me know too as I have to let John know... :(

This is all so confusing

This trip was cancelled, and then they said they could go anyway, after I posted. You guys are welcome to go, but you need to call the Sunfish. I am not going, and I will not deal with them again. It is too much of a headache.

Rick

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom