Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Heard About It And Want To Try It

Votes: 30 31.3%
  • Only Use The Frog Kick

Votes: 59 61.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Laying on the floor... using your back muscles (just the opposite of what I told Mania :D) pull your knees up slightly off the floor. That is the position you want underwater.

Pull your toes down so that the bottom of your foot is at a right angle to your lower leg and keep your lower leg at a right angle to your upper leg. That is the reference position you want underwater.

I say reference because you may at times need to move your feet further back to counter any tendency to topple over onto your head. Your feet/fins are a weight balance that can be adjusted back and forth to keep you in trim.

Uncle Pug:
If the motive power is coming from your ankles then you are sculling not frog kicking.
Aahhhh. So that's what' I've been doing!

I find sculling easier and more efficient than frog kicking when puttering along at 1/2 knot. One can glide for a long ways with legs fully extended and fins pointing straight back.

When I am moving from place to place I use the frog kick but when I'm where I want to be I use a sculling motion, changing the fin pitch independently to turn, spin around, backup, move forward when looking at stuff. After while it isn't something you think about.. you just do it.

Charlie, I've seen you dive. I'm sure you know just what I mean. You've been doing it long enough it just comes natural.

In fact I've had to stop and think about it so I can explain it. :D

I think we are talking about the same thing but with different words. I do have problems with explaining what I mean. Maybe it's the lack of English words or maybe I need to sit down - as you did - and think how to explain what I wanted to say.
Thanks for the back frog kick tips - will try them Tuasday at the pool
Mania

Uncle Pug:
You don't have a table handy? :D
A pool table perhaps?

Looks like it's blossoming into a full-blown digression ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom