From Utila to Belize

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

vegasm

New
Reaction score
I'm new here, and though I've searched and found minor results, I was hoping someone would have some helpful information.

I'm planning a trip to Utila in July with a friend from Honduras. We will then go to San Pedro to dive the Blue Hole, where I have a friend who's a Divemaster for Aqua Dives.

Questions are:
Does anyone know of a good flight plan for this trip (coming from DC area)? I'm assuming flying into Belize City would make the most sense, since that's where I'll be leaving from, so it would be round-trip airfare.
Is there a way to dive the Blue Hole from Utila instead of going back to San Pedro?
Is there a boat that we could take from Utila to San Pedro so we don't have to lose a day of diving in order to make all the flights?

Thank you! I love this board thus far! :heart:

vegasm:
I'm new here, and though I've searched and found minor results, I was hoping someone would have some helpful information.

I'm planning a trip to Utila in July with a friend from Honduras. We will then go to San Pedro to dive the Blue Hole, where I have a friend who's a Divemaster for Aqua Dives.

Questions are:
Does anyone know of a good flight plan for this trip (coming from DC area)? I'm assuming flying into Belize City would make the most sense, since that's where I'll be leaving from, so it would be round-trip airfare.
Is there a way to dive the Blue Hole from Utila instead of going back to San Pedro?
Is there a boat that we could take from Utila to San Pedro so we don't have to lose a day of diving in order to make all the flights?

Thank you! I love this board thus far! :heart:

I don't know of any boat that can go from Honduras to the Blue Hole to dive...or of one that goes to San Pedro, Belize. It's pretty far plus I would guess you have to go through immigration before you can just dive in Belize. There is a passenger boat called the "Gulf Cruiser" from Puerto Cortes to Placencia via Big Creek, which has the immigration office. From there you could fly up to San Pedro. All the dive operators that I know of go out of Belize City, Caye Caulker or San Pedro to the Blue Hole. You're closer from Belize City to the Blue Hole but it sucks staying there. Well, maybe that's a bit harsh.....lets say it isn't near as nice as staying in San Pedro or Caulker.
You can fly on Atlantic Airways from Roatan and I would guess Utila to San Pedro Sula to Belize City and back. They make connections to Roatan but I'm not sure about Utila. I don't see how you can make the trip without missing a day of diving.

Thank you so much for the information. I was afraid that was the case. Ahh, well, traveling around there is still a better day than sitting in an office!:D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom