Frome Quarry

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Alban

Contributor
Reaction score
Hi all

Does anyone have any info on the Quarry just opened in the Frome , Somerset area ?

Many thanks Alban

Looks good so far.

Another muddy puddle for us ! LOL.

Hopefully when they get some more stuff sunk in there it will be good. Will make a change for me anyway from Stoney or Dosthill.

Will give it a bash after Xmas I think.

Cheers
Hoppy

looks interesting - will have to try it out when I get back! Only problem will be getting back to London on a Sunday night - my parents live down the road so I know that will be hell!

Jonathan

Thanks for the info guys , I spoke to a guy who had dived there a few years ago , he said it's very silty & can be very murky due to the water coming from the hills and being drawn in as apposed to Stoney which I think is spring fed , anyway its quite close to me so I will go over soon and see what its like . Going to Stoney means getting up at 4:00 am at the weekend so it's got to be better than that !

Thanks Alban

... another one of my ex students.
Jeez, how old am I feeling right now!

Belushi - your as young as the woman/scubababy you feel !! :wink:

Hi Bulushi

I went there a couple of days ago and talked to some of the guys running it they all seem nice guys and I hope it works out for them.

I only did one dive there so I will going back again soon but the impression I got was that it is very silty . the bottom has about 20cm of silt , there is 4 -5 mts viz down to about 10 mts after that most of the light is lost after 20 mts viz is about 2 -3 mts . Without a torch it was not possible to read my computer , 20 - 30 mts it is completely black .

As I said I only did one dive so I will be going again to see if any areas are suitable for trainees and to write a risk assessment .

Water temp was 9 degrees and the cost is £ 10.00 per day plus a £ 10.00 deposit which is refundable when you leave . There is tea and coffee and chocolate bars available . Air is 2.50 per fill .

If anyone is thinking of going I would suggest a good primary torch and plan for a low viz dive.

I wish them good luck in there venture and will let you know how I get on next time .

P.S. I hear there is another quary in Chepstow ?

Yours Alban

:)

Back
Top Bottom