Front zip wetsuit tips to don/doff easier

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

banjobound

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I just received my first front-zip suit. It is a Scubapro Everflex and I struggled to get it on to see if it fit. Does anyone know of tips or experienced trying with a dive skin?

A dive skin will probably help tremendously. As to the wetsuit itself, it works well to get the lower legs fully in place before you start bringing the rest of the suit up past your knees, and just keep stretching the suit upward as you go. I've made a game of trying to put it on too "high," which always seems to result in it ending up just about right.

Some wetsuits are just a pain to get on, stretchy ones were the worst for me. Yes, wearing a lycra dive skin can make it easier to get your suit on. Another trick is to put your hand or foot into a plastic bag (think bread bag) before pushing it into the suit then taking the bag off after you've slid your limb into the suit. Happy diving.

Make sure you have help available when you try doffing that suit.

I had trouble getting my arms out of the front zip suits. Fortunately it belonged to my friend so I only had to struggle a few times.

Socks on helps me getting the bottoms of the farmer john on. Getting the top off at times I use my legs to pull my arms out of the sleeves. I Imagine there are quite a few varied tricks you can figure out over time that are appropriate for whatever type of suit one has.

socks for the feet and plastic bag for the hands or gloves. neoprene will slip past neoprene whilst skin will get stuck.

Back
Top Bottom