Front Zipper Wetsuits.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Diver1993

Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hey,

Just curious if any can help me out, as i'm trying to find a black front zipper wetsuit and I can't seem to find any?

Any help will be greatly appreciated :)

cheers blake

Thanks alot buddy.

Yeah it's dam hard to find!

We have a very active member here who lives in Sydney. She may be able to direct you in the right direction. She goes by bowlofpetunias

Do a search for her and send her a PM.

A little off topic, but I've wondered aloud about the use of front zip wetsuits in the presence of more experienced divers. One was a Navy diver who said front zip is what the Navy supplied. He said it was quick to get into but very difficult to get out of. Apparently, the Navy was more concerned with the getting into than the getting out of. This sentiment was echoed by another diver who also had a front zip at one time.

You find threads of people that got their front zip home and tried it on alone. Then they needed to visit a neighbor to help get out of the thing.

I have some vintage John and jacket sets. When I tried to get into and those they were a trick to get off when only partially on.

On a modern John / Jane & jacket set I think the front jacket zipper runs down farther than you would want in a single layer full suit.

It will all be easier in a lighter or stretchier suit but it still makes for some weird body mechanics.

Pete

It depends on the thickness. I have 2 front zip full suits and 1 tunic and 2/3 are very easy to get out of (3mm). My 5mm full suit is slightly more difficult which may be why I never wear it. :wink: Having said that, I find the 5mm a PITA to get into as well. Regardless of where the zipper is placed, the thicker the neoprene, the more difficult it will be.

the cressi bahia is a front zip 3mm. blue and black however. as for water coming in, i don't think u can get a semidry in front zip. the 2 front zips i have, no problems with getting in and out. love them for the conveneince during hotdays when my peers will be sweating and i with the zip undone and also for going to the toilet when the need arises. the other front zip i was condiering was the henderson which is in black from memory, but they ran out of my size. i think there is another UK brand named excel that also make front zips in all black.

I just got a Waterproof W1 5mm and am annoyed that I can't get out of it without help, though I'm tantalizingly close. Anyone have tips or tricks for this?

Great suit otherwise, btw.

Back
Top Bottom