Frontzip neoprene drysuits

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scuba_mc

Contributor
Reaction score
Other than the DUI CF200 are there any other frontzip neoprene drysuits with telescoping torso?

The only other I could find was the Otter Mako

The Bare XCD2 (older model, still available in some places) and XCS2 are both available in front zip. The XCS2 is stretchy enough that it doesn't need a telescoping torso, which is an advantage as far as I'm concerned. It's the next best thing to a wetsuit for being streamlined in the water.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Othree have at least two R series suits which come with a front zip. They are not telescoping like a membrane suit but not too hard to get on.

The Bare XCD2 (older model, still available in some places) and XCS2 are both available in front zip. The XCS2 is stretchy enough that it doesn't need a telescoping torso, which is an advantage as far as I'm concerned. It's the next best thing to a wetsuit for being streamlined in the water.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Actually this post comes because I tried on an XCS2 size ML the other day and found it extremely hard to don/doff on my own and needed someone else to help, the zipper also felt very strained throughout. However once I got it on it was a perfect fit but for me it would defeat the purpose of getting a frontzip if I can't don it on my own. It seems I need to get a taller size but then would probably have a lot of excess material left over, the telescoping torso would correct that I just can't seem to find many options in neoprene.

That's understandable. I almost fit in a large, but find it easier to get into a large tall. So I ordered an LT with the sleeve and leg lengths shortened to those of a large. It's better to have enough room in the torso for layering in colder water as necessary.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's understandable. I almost fit in a large, but find it easier to get into a large tall. So I ordered an LT with the sleeve and leg lengths shortened to those of a large. It's better to have enough room in the torso for layering in colder water as necessary.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yep it's looking like it's going to be an ML Tall then or bite the bullet and go complete MTM

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom