Frustrated! Need help with a location.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

emcbride81

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
OK, here is the deal...I am trying to plan a trip..6 people, 2 divers, 3 snorklers, and one who is scared of water. We would like to do an all-inclusive...now by that I am truly only concerned about meals/alcohol. I do not care about golf or tennis or anything like that. Every All-Inc I have seen is 400-500 a night with a bunch of amenities, does anyone know a place that just does room/meals/drinks? I would like to keep it below 2k!

Now for the bonus round...it would be nice if there was decent shore diving. Since there are only two divers we don't want to put out the other 4 being gone 4-5 hours everyday. Plus some of the others could snorkel! I have looked into Curacao and Aruba, but the All-Incs that I saw were too pricey. Any other places (besides Bonaire) that would fit my narrow field?

I am struggling right now...if I can't lock this in, we might have to take a cruise...and you gotta pay for your drinks there :(

If it wasn't for the alcohol there are any number of places. Most all inclusives do not include booze. Whether it's due to cost or some kind of local regs. If it's that big a deal booze is cheap if you're not picky. Just buy a couple bottles and you can get snockered whenever you want. I'd hate to base a trip on whether or not booze is included. So glad I don't drink. Saves alot of money just about every time we go anywhere.

OK, here is the deal...I am trying to plan a trip..6 people, 2 divers, 3 snorklers, and one who is scared of water. We would like to do an all-inclusive...now by that I am truly only concerned about meals/alcohol. I do not care about golf or tennis or anything like that. Every All-Inc I have seen is 400-500 a night with a bunch of amenities, does anyone know a place that just does room/meals/drinks? I would like to keep it below 2k!

Now for the bonus round...it would be nice if there was decent shore diving. Since there are only two divers we don't want to put out the other 4 being gone 4-5 hours everyday. Plus some of the others could snorkel! I have looked into Curacao and Aruba, but the All-Incs that I saw were too pricey. Any other places (besides Bonaire) that would fit my narrow field?

I am struggling right now...if I can't lock this in, we might have to take a cruise...and you gotta pay for your drinks there :(

Since you are coming from Virginia....check out:
Cozumel or Riviera Maya, Mexico.....cheapest AI's, decent diving and snorkeling, other stuff to do for the non-diving time
Also maybe Puerto Rico or Belize outer island

robint

Not necessarily, there are a few cruise lines offering alcohol packages. I think Princess does on most of their Caribbean cruises.

Fantasy Island in Roatan Honduras would fit the bill except for the alcohol.

I was thinking of Roatan (Anthony's Key, Fantasy Island, CoCoView). Diving would be good, but I wonder if the surface folks would get bored.

A friend went to Costa Rica. There the topside activities ruled. I don't know details on where she stayed.

Some people will be bored where ever they go. Depends on the people.

I'm not sure what you checked in Curacao - but we spent a week there in May at Sunset Waters. Curacao Island vacation resort packages Not expensive IMHO and even your alcohol is included in that. Snorkelers can also go on the boats if they wish. The shore diving was excellent too. For your aquaphobe, there is a free shuttle into town every day, and lots of other things going on at the resort too.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom