Frustration...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

artek:
Gee, there we go again. Why this guy always says no to simple, proven solutions. If one chooses to dive in a cretin way it is because it works.
Or just don’t dive
Diving kills.

That went way over my head. Can you try rewording that, please?

R..

Diver0001:
That went way over my head. Can you try rewording that, please?

R..

Basically, I am strongly disagreeing with the other fellow’s point of view.
:nuts:

RockPile:
Tell them the long hose is not for you but for them. And should they ever request it, consider giving them a couple of seconds to think about the error of their ways.
JB
Last Sunday, I went diving with two buddies, at 9m one of them had a frozen first stage. I closed his valve, we waited a while, opened it again and went on with our dive. At 20m it froze again, he started budybreathing with the other buddy, because he (the 2nd buddy) couldn't find his octopus. I offered my long hose to the first buddy, at that moment the firts stage of the 2nd buddy froze, blowing air. I made the thumb up and we ended the dive. No problems there.
After the dive, the 2nd buddy asked me where te buy a long hose, because, at last, he got convinced! He will be diving with a long hose and a secondary around his neck, so he can always find it.

daniel f aleman:
Question: Since the 7' hose is not necessary for use in open water, and that its use could arrise in an entrapment/tangle issue..., is it really Hogarthian outside overhead use?

And how,exactly,is a 7' hose an entanglement issue? I once used a 5 foot hose and found it tends to flop around everywhere. The 7' routes much closer to your body.

daniel f aleman:
Question: Since the 7' hose is not necessary for use in open water, and that its use could arrise in an entrapment/tangle issue..., is it really Hogarthian outside overhead use?

It may not be necessary but it does make plenty of sense. I started diving a long hose years ago in open water after being involved in two OOA incidents. Sharing off a short octo is just plain useless IMHO.

Not certain where you feel there's an entanglement/entrapment concern. Even years before I owned a can light I never experienced any problems tucking a 7' hose into my waste belt.

In recent years I've pursued wreck pen and cave, still no problems with long hose. Either crawling out of a cave with lights out while in training or 0 vis inside a silted wreck (another exercise after a nervous student dumped the vis) there was no issue.

What is your experience, care to share? :06:
Michael

daniel f aleman:
Sorry, I just can't see this. If there were an entanglement hazard believe me, the wreck and cave folks wouldn't use it.

Like anything else, proper use is key.

The classic standard rec short hose that sticks out the side of your head with a two foot loop is more of an entanglement hazard than a properly run long hose.

You are so funny Daniel with your anti OW long hose comments.

Tell me this, what makes any length hose proper? Who made you the ruling factor on how I dive? I'll answer that for you....No one at all so keep your comments to yourself as they are a waste of your and my time. If I want to dive a 20 foot hose wrapped 8 times around my Johnson, that is my prerogative, not yours.

Jason B:
The classic standard rec short hose that sticks out the side of your head with a two foot loop is more of an entanglement hazard than a properly run long hose.

You are so funny Daniel with your anti OW long hose comments.

Tell me this, what makes any length hose proper? Who made you the ruling factor on how I dive? I'll answer that for you....No one at all so keep your comments to yourself as they are a waste of your and my time. If I want to dive a 20 foot hose wrapped 8 times around my Johnson, that is my prerogative, not yours.

i'll drink to it
cheers:14:

daniel f aleman:
Why not a 20' hose?
If your doing surface supplied that might work.

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom