FS Aqualung Legend LX acd supreme

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Members that are banned are not able to log on to view PMs, posts, or to reply.

I'd like to reiterate that ScubaBoard does not attempt to verify any offers or claims. Therefore, we offer no warranty or guarantee, expressed or implied on the seller's validity, reputation or the quality, availability, serviceability, safety or usability of any product listed in this forum. Also, we will not attempt to provide any resolution to claims or counterclaims generated by the use of this forum. The Staff at ScubaBoard is not attempting to moderate this transaction but is merely acting on the accusations of fraud.

I would like to remind members to be "buyer-beware"; ask for photographs, pay for goods using a service that offers buyer protection, and obtain other means of contacting/identifying the seller. Thankfully, we've had very few problems here on ScubaBoard but it never hurts to protect yourself from fraudulent sellers or buyers.
While I, and I'm sure most everybody here agrees, would say that banning MRTZ is a the right course of action. Perhaps SB could provide zransom with the email MRTZ registered with so he could contact him and persue continued communications. Just a thought and I do realize their may be privacy contract issues preventing SB from doing this.

So, does anybody know an address to send a claim to for Zach? If somebody can figure out where he lives, I bet scubaboard is big enough that there is somebody close by who could go "make a visit" to the seller.

I am not an attorney, but the small claims process is pretty simple in most states. If you Google "small claims court" plus the name of your state, you will generally be taken to a website which will provide a guideline for filing a claim...

It is easy to file for a small claim. The hard part will be finding him, but there are resources to find almost anyone on the internet. This guy may also be on other forums so look at other dive forums on the internet.

I have done it and was successful, actually suing an attorney! However, I don't know if you need to file in the town/city where the defendant lives. Check your state laws as they may be different than what I'm stating. Maybe there's an atty on this board in the state where you live who can help you.

As for getting judgement against the defendant, I'm betting that he doesn't show up for the hearing in which case they will find for the plaintiff/you (or they may send out notice that he needs to appear before he loses the case after a certain amount of days). After you win the case, you will need to collect. Forget about that. If he doesn't pay up now, he won't with a judgement against him and the courts will not enforce it for you. The courts only decide who wins and loses.

So... you will have to get a lien against his property which is the next best thing. You may be able to seize some of his property as I almost had done that, but the atty did not have any property (of value) in his name.

Also, file a claim for the cost of the item, your inconvenience, your time to attend all the hearings, any costs for legal counsel, travel to and from the court, and anything related to this item and getting your money back. If a lien is placed on this person, there will be interest incurred by the defendant until the suit is settled by the last payment. By law there is probably a maximum interest that you can apply.

It really isn't that difficult or complex, just a little time consuming. It will get you better informed of applicable laws in your state. Guidance by an atty will help... so if there is an atty willing to help you out, go after this scumbag guy. Let us know how you make out. I'm not an atty, this is all based on my experience.

Good luck.

dd

MAN I hate to see somebody getting screwed........
but I LOVE seeing a kid going to college!

Why don't a bunch of us pony up a little and help Zach heal a bit on this issue? I know times are tough, but I'll match the first $25. anyone puts up towards either getting this thing updated to the LX, or replacing it (preferred).

C'mon Ronzo.....can't you come up with one of these at a good price? You gotta live up to that "The Great" thing ya know! (You already have in my book)

Let's go!:D

Why don't a bunch of us pony up a little and help Zach heal a bit on this issue? I know times are tough, but I'll match the first $25. anyone puts up towards either getting this thing updated to the LX, or replacing it (preferred).

C'mon Ronzo.....can't you come up with one of these at a good price? You gotta live up to that "The Great" thing ya know! (You already have in my book)

are you suggesting letting the fraud get away with that??:confused:

you are definitely onto something ...
perhaps we can help the kid out ...
honestly i have and know nothing about aqualung but i can assist with other brands ... (i too am in college and know what it's like, however, i am also paying a mortgage)

lets hope MRTZ makes good ...

but i am all for helping ZACH out a bit as well.

So, does anybody know an address to send a claim to for Zach? If somebody can figure out where he lives, I bet scubaboard is big enough that there is somebody close by who could go "make a visit" to the seller.

His name/phone number/city was posted on here yesterday, with some follow up posts about him.

They have all been deleted I guess by "modulation".

EDIT: The numbers shown yesterday did not match the name given MTRZ when done searched with "reverse number lookup". Chances are he gave a fake name and fake phone number. So the phone number that was posted was deleted as some poor sap would have likely gotten prank harrasment calls over this reg and had nothing to do with it.

The Legend without the LX option is still a great reg. Not any need to really bother upgrading it to the LX (for the expense involved.) The parts from Aqualung I'm sure are more than it cost just to buy another used 2nd stage that is already LX.

I mean I've got a Legend LX (Supreme) and I can tell you that I NEVER bother changing the adjustment knob. It's just not needed because it's such a great breathing reg.

All that needs to be done is to have the thing properly serviced. It's pretty clear that with the corrosion on the threads that the seller likely lied about having it recentl serviced and not used since.

diveandclimb:
While I, and I'm sure most everybody here agrees, would say that banning MRTZ is a the right course of action. Perhaps SB could provide zransom with the email MRTZ registered with so he could contact him and persue continued communications. Just a thought and I do realize their may be privacy contract issues preventing SB from doing this.

Read the thread .......

Post #1, MRTZ posted his email address, as part of this thread....

Also the seller has said that he has contacted him via email and that MRTZ is not responding. (though that post might have been one of the deleted posts).

Last edited:
Wow, you guys are really something else. I'm blown away by all the support

Wow, you guys are really something else. I'm blown away by all the support

I am going to assume that the regulator you got from this guy is the regulator you are going to be stuck with. You can pursue any avenue you like with the seller, but I want to help you concentrate on the regulator.

If you will send it to me, I will make sure that it is properly serviced and working like a charm. All said and done, it is a fine regulator and you will absolutely love the way it performs.

Some of your friends know me and know my work. Give me a call at (800) 601-3483. Thanks.

Phil Ellis
Discount Scuba Gear at DiveSports.com - Buy Scuba Diving Equipment & Snorkeling Equipment

Back
Top Bottom