Ft Lauderdale Dive sites???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Rhode_Island_snahm

Registered
Reaction score
hi all, Im gonna hit ft lauderdale in january for 4 days, wondering has anyone had any good experiences with any dive charters there or could recommend one that i should use???? Im OW certified since august so theyll be basic relaxing dives, taking a few photos etc, id love to hear anyones recommendations or past experiences in the ft lauderdale area, thanks chris

I have experiences with www.divefortlauderdale.com. They will take you to the wreck, reefs, and/or drift. He will ask you what is your comfortable level and etc... I had fun with them last March 2005.

Are you going to check out the King Tut? I am going to Fort Lauderdale in January too.

thanks for the speedy reply, im checking those links out right now, looking forwrad to getting away from the nippy rhode island weather in jan, hey also would i get a away with a 3mm shorty at that time of year down there??? or what woudl you recommend??

I only spent 2 days diving in Lauderdale. That was a year ago in July. We dove with Pro Dive USA. Very nice boat but call ahead before you go to see what they have scheduled. They do a lot of OW Training which means if that what is scheduled you will be able to go along and dive shallow reefs. That is what my group did and they are ok reefs.

Log Book enteries for that trip:

Northern Caverens Reef , 30 feet for 40 minutes it was an ok reef with30 foot vis.

Amy's Reef 30 feet for 36 minutes damn I was an air hog. vis again 30 feet

Oakland Ridge 30 feet for 38 minutes vis was50 feet

Willies Way reef 30 feet for 50 minutes air consumption is getting better.

These dives where my first 4 after OW Cert. Pro Dive has a very nice boat and the Capt. and crew very helpfiull. If I remember right they expect every diver back on the boat after 45 Minute max dive time.

I think this is the link to Pro Dive www.prodiveusa.com if that doesen't work do a google search for Pro Dive Fort Lauderdale.

Hope this helps,

Tim

If you're used to cold water diving, a 3mm shorty might be ok for you. I would freeze underwater after an hour or so though. I'm always amazed in the winter when the locals are shivering and wondering if they're going to survive the ride back to the harbor while people from Canada and Michigan and other parts north are raving about the warm water.

Tom that sight would make me grin too, I love the crisp waters here, but its always nice to dive in the warm waters you have down there, I think ill take my 3mm shorty... I cn handle the temps!! lol

If you think that a shorty is going to be warm enough for low 70's. My recomendation is at least a 3mm long suit.

Back
Top Bottom