Ft Walton Beach / Pensacola 2/19 - 3/6

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

chuck41

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Any good activity going on in the area during the above time period. I will be staying at the Henderson St Park Feb 19th - 23rd just outside Ft Walton Beach, and then at the Blue Angels RV park on the base in Pensacola from the 23rd to around the 6th and would love to do some diving. It's been a cold dry period here in Arkansas and I want to correct that problem.

I love beach diving, but boat trips are OK as well. In previous trips I have usually found boat trips only available on weekends. Anyone available during weekdays? I am a more "seasoned citizen" whose dive buddies are often limited to weekends while I am also available for the less crowded days in between. It's a tough life, but somebody has got to do it.:D

PM SeaYoda for information on diving the Destin Jetties. You are also about 45 minutes from Vortex and Morrison Springs.

Too early to tell at the moment, but I can dive during the week if I'm working in the area already. Schedule is put up a couple days in advance, so I dunno where I'll be during those dates.

I dove Vortex Springs a couple years ago. Was somewhat chilly and not terribly exciting as I remember. Thought it was refreshing at 45 minutes, thought I was going to freeze :shakehead at 55 minutes and couldn't get out of there fast enough. That was in May when the air temp was about 85 and it still took me a couple hours to warm up. Stopped by to see Morrison Springs, but didn't get to dive there.
Hope there will be an opportunity for diving the jettys, but understand the fickleness of the weather in late Feb / early Mar.

chuck41:
I dove Vortex Springs a couple years ago. Was somewhat chilly and not terribly exciting as I remember. Thought it was refreshing at 45 minutes, thought I was going to freeze :shakehead at 55 minutes and couldn't get out of there fast enough. That was in May when the air temp was about 85 and it still took me a couple hours to warm up. Stopped by to see Morrison Springs, but didn't get to dive there.
Hope there will be an opportunity for diving the jettys, but understand the fickleness of the weather in late Feb / early Mar.

I can also do weekday dives. I don't really care much for Vortex but love Morrison if we can ever get the levels to go down! I also like the jetties if the weather, tides, and viz cooperate.

Just keep us posted and maybe a few of us can get together and do some diving.

Hey, Chuck,

If your plans are flexible, we're loading up the boat on the 9th of March to dive the Oriskany. We have a couple openings left, so if you're interested, let me know.

Thanks.

Eric

Thanks for the invite Eric. If I were going to be there I would take you up on it, but unfortunately I will have to depart the 6th to return to Arkansas. Will have to confine my fun there to Feb 19th to Mar 5th, but there will be another time!!

Oriskany Divemaster:
Hey, Chuck,

If your plans are flexible, we're loading up the boat on the 9th of March to dive the Oriskany. We have a couple openings left, so if you're interested, let me know.

Thanks.

Eric

Whats that schedule looking like now? Would be nice to get in a couple dives during the week between 20th and 2nd. I will PM you my cel phone #.

SuPrBuGmAn:
Too early to tell at the moment, but I can dive during the week if I'm working in the area already. Schedule is put up a couple days in advance, so I dunno where I'll be during those dates.

I've got Wednesdays and Friday mornings off, I'd love to go on a beach dive with you and anybody else we can get together. I'm in Pensacola.

Finally got out of Hot Springs yesterday and am in Monroe, LA til Monday morning visiting family. Expect to pull in the campground at FWB on Monday evening and hoping for warm weather. I still brought a couple of wet suits and lots of lead just in case (I'll try that "layered look"). Temperature here today is higher than I have seen in several weeks so perhaps Spring is coming this week.

cmufieldhockey8:
I've got Wednesdays and Friday mornings off, I'd love to go on a beach dive with you and anybody else we can get together. I'm in Pensacola.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom