fuji camera

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Newbie Diver

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I'm currently still new to underwater photography and hence has not invested in proper cameras, instead am trying out using digital camera with housing.

Can someone advise on the setting on such cameras? Tried previously but the colors didnt turn out rich. I'm using fuji F31D.

Thanks

Were you using the camera's internal flash? Were you shooting close subjects or farther away subjects? What color water? High vis or cloudy? Give us some details.

Go see alcina's thread on underwater photography:

http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/un...tting-started-dslr-maybe-look-here-first.html

Your F31fd camera is very similar to the F30. Here's a full review of the F30 camera. Look over the white balance, macro and ISO settings. There is also an underwater setting, probably a good starting point.

Fujifilm FinePix F30 Digital Camera Operation - Full Review - The Imaging Resource!

yup, was using internal flash. shot both close and far objects, but somehow the colors turn out bluish.

sorry, but somehow i cant upload sample image onto the post.

NewbieD--You want rich color? Put the camera in macro, use forced flash mode, then shoot close. Assuming you have the Fuji housing, it has a decent flash diffuser that isn't perfect but does pretty good in close. The manual white balance and UW settings work ok for snorkeling depths but much below 15-20' be prepared to Photoshop the color some (or a lot!) if you aren't lighting the scene with flash. Use higher res ("quality") settings--the camera has a nice ccd system and gets nice detail even at higher ISO's. // ww

warmwater wank -- yes, i've the housing and the diffuser but the pics still turn out bluish. and in UW setting, cant do a manual white balance though.

Skip the underwater setting. Just shoot in aperture priority. Then you can do a manual WB.

Personally, I have a set of Magic Filters. They allow you to get great color down to 15 m.

Back
Top Bottom