Full Face Mask

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

grouchyturtle

Contributor
Reaction score
Looking for suggestions?

This is only going to be used for marina dives (AKA: less than 10', often in the 5-8' range even, cleaning boat bottoms, recovering things that were dropped overboard, etc. And even then mainly just used when diving marinas in funky water...Hudson for example.

So, basically I'm not looking for anything too fancy, don't need com gear, not too expensive, etc. On the other hand not a POS that's going to be uncomfortable, hard to use, leak any of that funky water into the mask, or melt from NYC Harbor water either.

I use the IST full-face mask. No bells and whistles, takes a lickin' and keeps on tickin' for about $150. For hull cleaning, no need for anything more.

Image for IST Full Face Mask - Silicone Black Silicone
I figured you'd chime in. I did read somewhere that the IST isn't really for contaminated water. Although I guess I'm not really diving contaminated water, just pretty gross water.

I figured you'd chime in. I did read somewhere that the IST isn't really for contaminated water. Although I guess I'm not really diving contaminated water, just pretty gross water.
While marinas may not always be the most pristine environments, I have been working in them for 16 years without issue. And the IST mask stands up to it just fine. I get years of use out of them.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom