Full face snorkeling mask

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

10/31/16
Review of the Azorro full-face snorkel masks posted by me on Amazon-- Guy Cooper

My wife just recently drowned using one of these. Stay away! Especially you parents thinking these would be great for your kids! Do some research. These full face masks have all kinds of problems I wish we had known about beforehand. Inconsistent quality. Leaking. Unreliable mechanisms to evacuate pooling water. Air masts that can easily dislodge and air intake valves that can jam. Unable to handle normal snorkeling activity, exertion as simple as swimming can precipitate air hunger potentially leading to hyperventilation, panic and asphyxiation. CO2 buildup in some of these masks can trend to dizziness, disorientation, loss of consciousness and death. These things are strapped tightly around your head and both the nose and the mouth are enclosed together. In an emergency there’s no way to quickly remove one before you are overwhelmed. Despite manufacturers’ claims of ease of use suitable for the beginner, you have to be expert to quickly and properly react to any of the above problems. My wife was not inexperienced, yet she drowned. Please, stay away. I don’t want to see another loved one lost.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom