Fusion; original suspender replacement.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I find it difficult to believe that anyone who is actually using their fusion is not having this issue. It started for me after only a few dives. The elastic just cannot handle the environment of the inside of a drysuit.

Hello Fusion Divers,

Whites understands that there are issues with the original suspenders used in the Fusion and that is why we have established a policy as to the best way to address the issue. We now have a new and improved suspender system and we are offering a replacement under warranty to those who qualify under the terms of the warranty. If your warranty no longer applies we are still offering an upgrade for as per Tylers post.

In order to claim the upgrade under warranty terms proof of purchase from an authorized dealer must be established which is why we have asked that the transaction be through an autorized dealer. This is standard practice for any warranty issues. If like Kern you have a unique situation that prohibits you from access to an authorized dealer, please let us know about it and we will endeavour to do everything possible to ensure your satisfaction.

The best way to contact Whites directly with any questions or concerns is to email at whitesale@whitesdiving.com, and your inquiry will be directed to the appropriate representative.

Best Regards,

Justin Balaski
Whites Manufacturing

If like Kern you have a unique situation that prohibits you from access to an authorized dealer, please let us know about it and we will endeavour to do everything possible to ensure your satisfaction.

Best Regards,

Justin Balaski
Whites Manufacturing

Sorry Justin, but this has been my experiance to date.

No one has ever replied to an email I'v sent to Whites.
I made my 1st phone call to Whites 8 weeks ago.
I made my 4th phone call to Whites 4 weeks ago.
A week ago I recieved an invoice dated 2 weeks ago.

That's right, 8 weeks, 1 invoice, no suspenders. Have a guess how impressed I am.

Tomorrow your time I will make my last ever call to Whites. I'll be asking for the owner/CEO/GM. I'll calmly explain how amusing it's been to watch this comedy of errors unfold. Ask for conclusive proof that they're in the post or ask for my money to be redeposited to my CC. If I don't get the proof, & my CC not refunded in a reasonable time frame I'll see my bank about recouping money from a company that took my money but didn't supply the good's.

Just got off the phone to Whites. Couldn't get any higher than customer service. They say they sent it, I asked who sends international packages separate to their invoice, they said they couldn't supply tracking numbers or any other details that could help locate the phantom package, I said I didn't really believe what they said anymore, they said they'd send another package with tracking number.

I said OK, I'll wait some more. I must be totally bloody nuts. Of course other things were said, but talking more was obviously going to be unproductive so I disengaged.

Just to answer one of the questions -- I have over 100 dives on my Fusion, with the elastic suspenders, and I don't have any issues with them.

Kern,
I would agree that the time line in which it has taken you to get your suspenders is unacceptable, I can relate with your frustration, when dealing with other companies when similar things happen. I would like to iterate that this is not normally how our business is conducted, it just so happens there are a couple factors playing in here.

The person you spoke with this morning was not a customer service agent but the V.P. of sales whom spoke with you about your issue personally. I would like to address your concern of receiving your invoice and still not having your suspenders and free t-shirt for your troubles, which now has become my primary concern.

It is true when things are shipped via Canada post snail mail there is no tracking number unless it is sent via the parcel service. I have confirmed beyond a doubt that your suspenders have been shipped as well as the invoice on the same day. Why your invoice would get to you sooner only the Canadian postal service would know, as they did go in separate envelopes but sent the same way on the same day.

My guess is one of three things; either they are held up in customs, lost, or still in transit. Due to the fact I cannot tell which one of these things it is. We have credited your MasterCard in full. I will send you an e-mail with a copy of your invoice and proof of refund to your credit card as of March 11th 2009 9:39am PST. I would like to be an optimist and believe that they are still in transit and in the next couple of days you will see them at your door. If not please feel free to contact me directly. I have PM d you my personal e-mail address, phone number and ext.

Cheers,
-Eric-

There are only two ways to dive, naked or dry :devil:

Last edited:
So now you're not sending a replacement package with tracking info as the VP of sales said, but refunding my CC while I wait for the original phantom package instead. Is that right, or am I just tired & confused.

I wont be contacting Whites ever again. I'll probably just end up contacting a retailer & buying a set.

I rather like my Fusion, but right now I wish I'd never heard of it or Whites.

Just to answer one of the questions -- I have over 100 dives on my Fusion, with the elastic suspenders, and I don't have any issues with them.

I don't remember asking a question that would elicit this answer.

I find it difficult to believe that anyone who is actually using their fusion is not having this issue. It started for me after only a few dives. The elastic just cannot handle the environment of the inside of a drysuit.

This was the observation I was replying to.

I don't remember asking a question that would elicit this answer.

WOW....I feel like I need to add a disclaimer to Kern: This post is in no way a response to anything asked of you. I just wanted to add my input on the elastic suspenders and ask Whites if there might have been a third suspender design early on.

I've also had no issues with my orginal elastic suspenders, however I suspect that the suspenders that are on my Fusion are not the ones that were pictured in the post from Whites. I have a very early model fusion (Sept 07), and my suspenders definately do not have the bladder heater. I've got around 75 dives on my fusion though and my suspenders look just like they did when I got the suit.

TS&M - I wonder if you have the same suspenders I have (I know that you also have had your suit for a while).

Just my input.

Thanks,

Back
Top Bottom