Fusion Soft Boot Vs Regular Wet Boot

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Kenny Lee

Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
My fusion comes with the soft boot attached. In general, it works great. Except after a dive, I have to take it off the suit and let it dry. Also, am I suppose to turn the dry suit inside out for drying? Well, can't turn it out without taking the boot off.

At that point, the velcro really becomes a hazzle. It seems that it would be easier just use a regular wet boot. Is there any issue with using a regular wet boot with the fusion? Is there a way I can dry the suit without taking the boot off? :confused:

I use mine with a regular wet boot- as long as it's big enough it works fine.

I use a regular wet boot one size larger, works great.

I got my suit before the softboots were available.
Several of my divers now have that feature. I'd have to agree about the drying part.
I'm honestly not sure how easy they are to remove and re-attach...

For my overboots, I like to use wetsuit booties that have a velcro closure at the top to keep the zipper from unzipping on its own.

At the moment, I'm using Henderson Hyperdry...expensive, but a nice sturdy sole as well, and not so big as to put me out of my XL Jetfins...

TC:
I use mine with a regular wet boot- as long as it's big enough it works fine.

I use a regular wet boot one size larger, works great.

Ditto what they said. I started out with a pair of Chuck Taylor's but added a couple extra pairs of wool socks so when I switched it was easier to grab a pair of Scubapro Delta wetsuit boots 2 sizes larger. I'm happy now with warm tootsies.

Most Annoying Signature Line Ever :)
:rofl3:I concur. Donna's on too much RedBull...she's trying to fly through her countdowns.

Thanks, guys/gals.

It really wasn't all that difficult to take-off the soft boot, just that the notion of the boot stays-on, having one less thing to forget, bah bah bah, ...doesn't really work out that way.

I think the boot would be better off without the velcro and be a little thicker. People have this suit probrably won't want a lot of sir in the sock area and a thicker neoprene boot would make more sense. Considering how much this boot costs, the Henderson Insta-dry does seem compelling...

Hey Kenny, just curious as to your purpose of removing the boot to dry, the boots come designed with vents on the side for water removal. the only time I have ever turned my suit inside out is if I had a serious failure and flooded my suit. For standard drying purposes I just hang my suit upside down. maybe let me know so that I can understand your concerns better.
Thanks Doug,

Hey Kenny, just curious as to your purpose of removing the boot to dry, the boots come designed with vents on the side for water removal. the only time I have ever turned my suit inside out is if I had a serious failure and flooded my suit. For standard drying purposes I just hang my suit upside down. maybe let me know so that I can understand your concerns better.
Thanks Doug,
After each dive, condensation will form on the inside surface of a tri/bilaminate suit. This is caused by the migration of sweat vapor that migrates away from your skin , passes through your undergarments and condenses on the cold inner surface of the drysuit.

Between dives or dive days, it's nice to dry this out...easiest/fastest to do if you can turn the suit inside out...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom