Fusion - Tropical Diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

vel525

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hello,

I am in the market for a drysuit for tropical diving. Until this week I had the intention to buy a DUI 30/30. I am reading such great reviews (and the great article) about the Fusion that I am now researching and considering the Fusion. Just wanted to see if I could get some feedback from people that use it for warmer water diving.

1. I think the Fusion requires attached socks/boots. For warm water do you just attach thin socks and wear your wet booties? How thin are the socks?

2. How is the breathability of the fabric when you are topside. Will I be sweating while I wait for my turn to hop in the pool?

3. Anyone have experience with both the 30/30 and Fusion?

Thanks in advance.

Before I put TurboSoles on my Fusion, I used Chuck Taylor tennis shoes and a thin pair of socks in the tropics. The fabric of the socks on the suit is fairly thin, but there can be a lot of excess if your feet are small.

The suit is not breathable. I don't find a big problem with sweltering, so long as I get everything else ready first, and get into the suit right before I'm ready to splash. I use a pair of Lands End polarfleece sweats under the suit in the tropics, and they seem to wick well enough.

I'm real happy with the suit for warm water diving.

Hey Vel,
The great thing about the Fusion is that you can use it anywhere. Besides being a great cold water suit, it is also a very comfortable warm water suit. I have used mine both in the Caymans, and Bermuda. You really notice the benifts when on the boat going from one dive site to the next, everyone around you is huddled under towles drying to warm up and you are sitting half doffed dry and comfortable. You will require a light boot to go over the shell socks attached to the suit, but you will find them light enough and very durable, as they are constructed with a 400 denier nylon. If you are concerned about topside sweating I would recommend a light wicking layer such as the Whites MKO to help pull away any moisture from your skin, and helping to moderate your temp above and below the surface.
Cheers.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom