Futuna Island

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Cyril L.

New
Reaction score
Hello, It's my first post on this Forum.
I live in Futuna Island. So if you what to dive in Futuna and Alofi or if you need informations about these islands, you can send message.

hi, i think everybody here would really appreciate if u can share with us some practical knowledge (especially how to get there, resorts, hotels etc.) and then also tell us something about how is diving there? thx! :)

Sûre.

If you have a sail boat, you can make a stop in Futuna Island. If you come by plane, two ways: go first in Fidji (Nadi) or in New Calédonia (Nouméa). After in the 2 cases you are a plane to Wallis Island opered by "Air Calédonie Internationnal", and 1 other plane (shorlest!) for going in Futuna from Wallis.

Futuna 's a traditional live island; 70% peoples don't use money... You can loge in family, make free camping,.. you find 2 hotels, if you prefer "Hotel le Sumalama" and "Hotel Le Fia Fia".

There are fun dives to do here, with nice corals, a lot of stingray. Ask me first. The dive club "Le Kumete" is a little nonprofit association. If you come in Futuna, is a good idea to stop some days in Wallis Island too, where they are other nicely dives. The best season for come here is April to October.
December-February is cyclonic season.

If you come here, you are sûre found beach without a lot tourists! Perhaps only 10 to 20 people visit us island a year.

Futuna is french colonie, but power is share between France and traditionals Kingdom. There are only 4000 unhabitants but two kingdoms on Futuna Island. Alo Kingdom where i live and Sigave Kingdom.

Last edited:
Hello,

I am new to board. Unfortunately there is no information at all about diving on Uvea (Wallis) on the internet. I only found this thread here.

@ Cyril L: I want to visit Uvea on my next world trip and of course I want to do some dives there too. Can you please tell me something about diving around Uvea and/or Futuna and Alofi.

thanks

My wife and I are not divers, but truly enjoy snorkeling. What are the best snorkeling spots around Futuna?
Chuck S.

---------- Post added February 22nd, 2014 at 09:42 AM ----------

Any suggestions on contacting Somalama for reservations? I have used their email of somalama@mail.wf but no reply.
Chuck S.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom