Future engineer

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

brihno

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
I am in electrical engineering school now; my question is what kind of qualifications do companies look for in EE's? I am thinking that I would like to work on dive computer/electronics at some point in the future.

Does Oceanic even make/design their own computers or have engineers that do that or would he work for the company that makes/designs them? just curious....

(I was thinking Palegic, etc..)

Working for a dive manufacturer would still be a cool job for any diver coming out of college.

I am in electrical engineering school now; my question is what kind of qualifications do companies look for in EE's? I am thinking that I would like to work on dive computer/electronics at some point in the future.

All I've got to say is slow and steady! I'm an EE too. Don't kill yourself with too many classes or you'll end up in a different major.

All I've got to say is slow and steady! I'm an EE too. Don't kill yourself with too many classes or you'll end up in a different major.

I was an EE upto my 3rd year in college. I ended up switching over to civil engineering because it dealt more with architecture, planning, and design. Don't rush through school, and make sure you enjoy what you do! Cuz you gotta keep doing it to pay for all your TOYS!!!

I'm rather interested in working for a Dive Company as an engineer. I'm just about to finish up in Biomedical Engineering. What are the prospects there? Any ideas?

I just did a classroom dive tonight; I needed a couple of extra credits this term so I took an advanced class in which the instructor was kind enough to include a nitrox course (although tonights dives were self rescue skills). Thanks for the advice guys. Since I am 34 there is no chance of me quitting school; and I go to OIT so there is pretty much no chance of me quitting the EE program. And the junior year IS the tough one for us too; 17-18 credits of EE classes all year long! Zoiks!!
Thanks especially to doug for the timely reply and I WILL be coming when I graduate in a few years.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom