FYI cold water in WPB

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks for the update....looks like I may just have to pack the 5mm...(Diving UE on sat AM)

I am on little deeper on Sunday. Will toss my 5mm on in the pool to remind me what it feels like to wear it... It is aug in south florida right... 2 weeks ago I was shorts and t shirt at 60 feet at 83 degrees.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Saturday we were diving out of Jupiter and on our second five we hit 65 degrees at about 65 feet. About froze to death! Moving up to 40 feet was a lot warmer but the vis was really bad. By Monday the water had warmed up to about 69 degrees at 65 feet. Tuesday it was a bit warmer and the vis had improved quite a bit. I wish I would've brought my 5mm on this trip!

We dove 7 windows yesterday, it was 84 top to bottom. Also dove the playpen and had a thermocline at 35'. Above was 81 and below was 75. Vis was around 30' and milky with an easy north current.

Keep the updates coming! Diving shallow on Saturday off Hobe Sound but diving out WPB on Sunday.

Though there was some warmer water mixed in, both Clubhouse and Sharkies Ledge over to Gazebo were 76 degrees today out of Boynton. I was very comfortable in my 5 mm. Going out again tomorrow morning.

Took a 3 tank Goliath trip with Jupiter Dive Center today. Current was ripping along. Vis was marginal. Optimistically 30'. Big fish are around and about is respectable numbers. Saw one individual who was as large as any I've seen in many years. Zion Wreck Trek, and Tunnels were a consistent 78 degrees. Last dive to 70' was mostly 78 degrees as well, with colder upwelling a the end of the dive, around 3:00 PM. Was perfectly comfortable in a 3mm suit with lycra hooded vest. Dives were exciting. Companions were skilled. Crew was, (as per usual for JDC,) courteous, proficient, friendly, and professional. My images were mediocre at best.

Please keep us posted. Diving tomorrow AM - not sure with whom (it's a surprise!) and have been getting reports of cold thermo off Boca - but nothing up north in Jupiter.

I'm soooo confused! Do I wear the 1mm - 3mm or 5mm?

LOL

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom