FYI. Looks like United dropping Wednesday flights this winter but may be adding others

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Senor Frogs is right beside the pier (very touristy, but convenient). Unless things have changed getting a ticket doesn't guarantee you a spot on the boat (have to stand in line). I will defer to mediumone's comment about ferry availability since I haven't heard horror stories lately about the passenger ferry (but haven't been watching for them either).

I know the car ferry is still overbooked because I have a washer/dryer that is on wrong side of the channel because car ferry was full yesterday when people I had paid to bring it here got in line. They say they got there at 11 for 12:30 car ferry (which was booked), 1:30 was full also. This could just be an excuse but pretty specific and believable. Btw, be careful ordering stuff you actually need over the internet from Liverpool (one of big stores in Mexico). I ordered a new washer/dryer in early November since old one failed. They said it would be delivered in five days, then 2 weeks, then one month, then maybe January. They would only bring it over to the island if they had enough other stuff to justify the trip. Wound up having to pay someone to pick it up and bring it across from Cancun, and even that has taken 5 days. Not happy camper--also re-learned my college view that "clean" is a relative term for clothes. Thankfully I borrow neighbors washer/dryer every now and then.

Nothing at Boxito, Elektra or Sam's Club?

Nothing at Boxito, Elektra or Sam's Club?

I have a stacked washer dryer. Nothing was available on the island. Plenty of side by sides , but no stacked. Almost got the side by side in November , but figured I wouldn’t mind waiting what was supposed to be five days to get another stacked and keep the space in my laundry room. If only I had known I would have just gotten side by side and sacrificed the space. .

I have a stacked washer dryer. Nothing was available on the island. Plenty of side by sides , but no stacked. Almost got the side by side in November , but figured I wouldn’t mind waiting what was supposed to be five days to get another stacked and keep the space in my laundry room. If only I had known I would have just gotten side by side and sacrificed the space. .

Interesting.
Our condo is under construction, and the laundry area is designed for stackables.

My brother has a condo on the Pacific side, and he had a great deal of difficulty finding side by side dryer, but plenty of stackables. Side by side washing machines were readily available.

Air Canada nuked all direct flights either from Toronto (last week)or Montreal. So it’s a bag drag from Cancun or stay home.....

I realize there is a reduced ferry schedule, does that mean we might have to wait as “our” ferry might be full? Not worried about about social distancing on a crammed ferry as I still have a few N95’s left from before sars.

I booked an Air Canada flight this past November (Toronto-Cozumel). Exactly 25 hours later, AC pulled the plug on that flight. Currently, AC appears to fly into Cancun--nothing available directly from Toronto to Coz.

What airline are you using to fly to Cancun? Is Toronto your departure point? I am toying with booking a Westjet flight (Toronto-Cancun) for early January, then do the bag-drag dance. When I check YYZ departures, Westjet seems reliable.--actually, AC does, too.

I’ve been booking on Aeroplan for 15 years, only flights I’ve spent cash on are puddle jumpers.

So to answer your question it’s Air Canada. Would not catch me spending my hard earned cash on fares. On points I can cancel and rebook for free until next March. Normally I’d say get some Aeroplan credit cards and take advantage of the sign up bonuses and book on points. But the bonuses got gutted when the new Aeroplan came out recently so that won’t work. Shame, my decent balance came from sign up bonuses.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom