FYI. Looks like United cancelled Wednesday flights in October

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cozcharlie

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
FYI. United has been Saturday only in September but had been scheduled to add Wednesdays in October. They dropped the October Wednesdays from their schedule sometime this week ( I actually booked a ticket a couple of days ago for October that has already been cancelled)

Looks like Saturday October flights unaffected.

I knew this was a risk. Their pattern seems to be they review the coming months schedule about 25 days before the start of the month.

EDIT. Btw , once again I did not receive any notice from United even though I had 3 reservations that were affected

FYI. United has been Saturday only in September but had been scheduled to add Wednesdays in October. They dropped the October Wednesdays from their schedule sometime this week ( I actually booked a ticket a couple of days ago for October that has already been cancelled)

I knew this was a risk. Their pattern seems to be they review the coming months schedule about 25 days before the start of the month.

EDIT. Btw , once again I did not receive any notice from United even though I had 3 reservations that were affected
United recently announced a very large layoff/furlough of employees set for Sept 30 when their financial aid runs out. The other airlines are expected to follow suit.

Yes, and our return CZM to IAH on Sunday the 18th was cancelled as well.
Same here -- no text or email.

Wanna guarantee your arrival in CZM....fly into CUN...its the only alternative.

Yes, I know.
Unfortunately, there aren't many options out of PDX.
Anyone know if 1;54 layover in DTW from CUN is enough?

I know nothing about DTW, but I cleared immigration, picked up a checked bag, and exited customs all inside of 10 minutes total this week at IAH I was wondering if customs and immigration workers have a whole lot of slack capacity given much of the world is closed to Americans. I assume percentage drop in international travel is even a lot worse than the steep drop in domestic travel

Yes, I know.
Unfortunately, there aren't many options out of PDX.
Anyone know if 1;54 layover in DTW from CUN is enough?
Why go thru Detroit?

I see some itineraries CZM to PDX thru DFW with 1¾ hours to clear I&C, maybe change terminals. Normally I'd say that's too tight, but I might try it rather than book the 4 hour layover. If I missed, they could probably get me on the later flight.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom