FYI, redundant

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Akimbo

Just a diver
Staff member
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
No big deal but you might want to eliminate one of these in your next review or upgrade. See: Your Account, Personal Details

upload_2017-11-23_7-47-23.png

and

upload_2017-11-23_7-46-43.png

Attachments

• upload_2017-11-23_7-44-49.png
    upload_2017-11-23_7-44-49.png
    8.4 KB · Views: 106
I think the point is that it asks the question twice: once with radio buttons and once with a drop down. Unspecified can still be an option.

I think the point is that it asks the question twice: once with radio buttons and once with a drop down. Unspecified can still be an option.
Got it. Tnx.

They seem redundant, but, when I checked, they drove different things. One of them drives the guy/girl icon used as an avatar if you do not upload a picture. The other drives the text on your profile page. Still redundant, but some code changes might be needed to do both of those from one of them.

One of them drives the guy/girl icon used as an avatar if you do not upload a picture.

I can see how unwinding it could be more trouble that it is worth. Like I wrote, "No big deal". On the other hand, I wonder if it would be simpler to just use a default Avatar to encourage people to choose an image or unload their own?

Back
Top Bottom