GA Dive Show

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

the past two years it's been about the weekend before memorial day. It's put on by Dive Chronicles the past 2 years.

Will they have it this year? don't know... lots of downsizing and layoffs in the dive industry by manufacturers. Lots of "personel" changes at dive manufacturers/distributors. Lots of dive shops closing.

People having to spend money on other stuff besides diving.

seeing how this is one of the newest and smaller shows, and the time of year they have it, it might be hard for this show to survive the hits on the economy.

I hope it survives. I'd like to check it out. it's just scheduled at a time that I usually go diving on the weekends in the past couple years.

If they announce anything, it will likely be at either
Georgia Dive Show or Georgia Dive Show (both sites appear to be the same redirected link. But info on the site currently only as 2008 show info.

btw... this thread will prob get more replies if you ask to move it to the Deep Dixie Diver sub-forum of SE US. lots more traffic there than the parent forum. (just my opinion)

Thanks mike. Yeah, that is where I thought I was posting it and I don't know how to move it. :(

Yeah, we went last year but not the year b4. I wish they had it earlier in the year b/c once the warmer weather hits we would rather be out diving or have already made dive plans for the summer.

It would be nice to talk to some of the folks, say from the Keys areas, etc. eariler in the spring in order to plan a trip down to dive with them in the summer.

Thanks mike. Yeah, that is where I thought I was posting it and I don't know how to move it. :(

email the folks at Dive Chronicles.... they can first off let you know if they are having the show in 2009.

as for moving it to a different date, see below reply.

Yeah, we went last year but not the year b4. I wish they had it earlier in the year b/c once the warmer weather hits we would rather be out diving or have already made dive plans for the summer.

boy those are my thoughts exactly. That time of year I'd rather be headed to the beach and already have big summer vacations booked. I'd like to support the show and attend, but it's been the past two years when I've been in Florida diving instead.

I asked this last year and the issue was that there are other dive shows that are already established and bigger on other weekend or manufacturers already have other events planned. So it's hard to get an earlier date that you can get any decent manufacturers to show up in vendor booths.

now I don't speak for the show, so maybe they are changing things, but I'm expecting the show market to be a lot tighter this year in all shows as scuba sales by distributors have dropped so much this past year. After the sales numbers from the Christmas sales come in lower than expected, it will get worse.

It would be nice to talk to some of the folks, say from the Keys areas, etc. eariler in the spring in order to plan a trip down to dive with them in the summer.

There is a scuba show in march I think in Dublin Ohio area that is a lot bigger. might be usefull for that. prob a 6-8 hour drive from Hotlanta.

Thanks mike.

Have you been to the show in Dublin? Is it big enough to be worthy of a 6-8 drive?

http://www.diveindustry.org/shows_events.html

It looks to be back at the Gwinnett Center again May16-17. I hope it is a better turnout than last year vendor wise. I will be working the SB table with the Kraken again!

Carolyn:shark2:

Carolyn... that's a great list of shows you posted.

I hope they have a good turnout of vendors also. But I'm betting this year will be down, just based on all the industry manufacturers/dealers/vendors/distrubutors are struggling.

Thanks Mike. I hope they have some good speakers! Stan Waterman was the treat for me at the first show, and last year we had Jill Heinerth who is always awesome to hang with!

http://www.diveindustry.org/shows_events.html

It looks to be back at the Gwinnett Center again May16-17. I hope it is a better turnout than last year vendor wise. I will be working the SB table with the Kraken again!

Thanks Carolyn!!!! I will plan on attending again this year.

The Kraken was my instructor. Hi Dennis :)

I came down for it last year too and I enjoyed it, but I also hope that there are some more vendors.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom