GA Dive Show

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I came down for it last year too and I enjoyed it, but I also hope that there are some more vendors.

Yeah, I'm hoping it's a little bigger and better this year, but as others have mentioned with the economy who knows....

last year was the 2nd year I think....

was last year bigger or smaller than the 1st year?

I wasn't at either year, but the vendor list last year didn't have as many "big names" on it like the first year. (Aqualung wasn't there as it was the year before, etc). Maybe there were more local dive shops and travel vendors last year to make up for it.

last year was the 2nd year I think....

was last year bigger or smaller than the 1st year?

I wasn't at either year, but the vendor list last year didn't have as many "big names" on it like the first year. (Aqualung wasn't there as it was the year before, etc). Maybe there were more local dive shops and travel vendors last year to make up for it.

We didn't go the first year so I'm not sure how big it was in comparison.

Anybody heard anything new about this show? I haven't seen anything posted anywhere about it for a while.

Coincidentally, I just emailed Brad Nolan (from Dive Chronicles) this morning and asked him if there was going to be a dive show in GA this year and his reply was "not this year".

I was really looking forward to it as last year was the first one I attended after getting certified in March.

Anybody heard anything new about this show? I haven't seen anything posted anywhere about it for a while.

they have cancelled it for this year. (this was posted by Dive Chronicles in another thread).

I think it's a combination of the poor eoconomy, dive retailers and manufacturers not signing up to display, expected lower attendance, and a poor weekend that it was on.

They've left it open to maybe doing it in upcoming years.... but I wouldn't wager any money on that until the dive industry recovers.

there have been lots of layoffs at manufacturers/distributors and lots of them are not attending big shows even, much less smaller ones. Even DEMA has a huge list of vendors that is not going this year, including the "bigs" like ScubaPro and maybe Aqualung.

it's jut a tough industry for scuba merchants ....

Back
Top Bottom