Gagging problem, need input!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm just throwing out ideas....

Have you tried a different mouth piece?

I can't use certain mouth pieces because they make me gag. I switched to a comfo-bite mouth piece.

I'm just throwing out ideas....

Have you tried a different mouth piece?

I can't use certain mouth pieces because they make me gag. I switched to a comfo-bite mouth piece.

I use the comfobites as well, partly because they are comfortable as the name implies, but also because they are silicone. For some reason I cant put the rubber mouth pieces in my mouth with out gagging.

I'm using one of those comfo bites now... I'm thinking of going back as it sticks further in my mouth than the little off the shelf ones.

dont comfobites come on the topside of the tongue? I would think that shape would increase gagging.

If you have a freind with a metal regulator, try that for a dive. Many of them retain moisture slightly better (mares abyss old style is a good one).

If you have a freind with a metal regulator, try that for a dive. Many of them retain moisture slightly better (mares abyss old style is a good one).

This tends to be true. I have two Conshelf XIs and three Aquarius regs, all with metal second stages. I have noticeably less problems with dry mouth with them compared to the rubber mouthpiece of my DA Aqua Master.

Just wanted to pitch in as one more diver with a similar problem. All the suggestions sound great; I think I'll try the cough drops. I've noticed mine is much worse when I'm dehydrated. I've thought about getting the Apollo Bio-seal but it was more money than I wanted to spend. I've discovered that chugging a water or a gatorade before hitting the water usually prevents me from gagging.

Oddly, I find this thread one of the most interesting I've ever read. And not one negative thing in it. Even odder!

:popcorn:

Back
Top Bottom