Galileo Luna & Mac

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

KaizerWilhelm

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I searched for this but all the threads are from 2006-8 so I though I'd ask again.

How can I sync my Luna with my Mac? I looked on the SP website and it says that J-Trak is not compatible with the Galileo series which frustrates me a bit, and SmarTrak does not work on MacOSx. I don't want to run Parallels if I can avoid it.

Any thoughts...?

Cheers,
Will

The ONLY way is work with the Luna on a Mac is through Parallels or VWare. The Luna or Uwatec products are not mac-compatible, we are waiting for them to catch up to the possibility that there are other platforms that use their products.

I don't have a Luna or Sol (nor a Mac IrDA) - so I can't confirm this, but the scubapro J-Track website states:

SP J-Trak page

Infrared interface:
To establish a connection between your UWATEC dive computer and your Apple Macintosh you need an infrared device (IrDA).
The latest Apple computers do not have a built in IrDA device. You have to buy an external USB to IrDA adapter from your local Apple dealer.

Supported dive computers:
Galileo Sol, Galileo Luna, Galileo Terra, SmartTEC,bi SmartCOM, SmartZ, SmartPRO, Aladin 2G, Aladin TEC2G, Aladin TEC, Aladin PRIME, Aladin ONE, Galileo SOL.

I think the first stumbling block for most is not having a Mac compatible IrDA dongle.

I think KaizerWilhelm's situation is that he doesn't want to run Parallels unless he has too, then his only option is to use J-trak, which hasn't been updated for quite a while and I don't think Scubapro or UWATEC will be updating it in the near future. My suggestion is to go the Parallel route and use SmarTrak I think he'll be much happier. Macdive has tried to get UWATEC to allow them to share their code so macdive could be used but from what I gather UWATEC doesn't' want that to happen.

I just dealt with it and got a free parallels software and free Windows XP. It's not that big of deal. Just a hassle more than anything. One of the few gripes I have with Scubapro/UWATEC is that they don't have a good OSX software...oh, and that they don't have the TriMix upgrade...but that's a different story.

Thanks y'all.

Glad you got it figured out! I believe, for now, it's the only way to go. I agree Scubapro/UWATEC need to up their game, most new consoles/wrist software is becoming cross platform. Maybe we should get Apple to buy them! LOL (or just get someone to do some crossover platform)...hint...MacDive :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom