Galileo Trimix?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi everyone

I just want to add that the current Diving Log Beta supports the Galileo Trimix update already. You can either download the Galileo directly with the "Smart Download" or import from SmartTrak. Tank and gas information is imported properly as described in this blog post. Let me know if you have any feedback.

Cheers,
Sven

When diving and you decide to alter the computer's recommended stops slightly.. for example if you decide to adjust stop times slightly or opt to do longer stops at shallower depths, the galileo will automatically see that as a deco violation and auto degrade down to a MB0 level with mandatory stops.. thats dangerous to automatically revert to a much less conservative algorithm without user input..

Also, if you skipped a stop due to an emergency, like skipping up to the next level to go get gas or get to the support divers etc, the galileo will lock out the compass during this "deco skipped" scenario.. and again, if you depended on that compass to get you to an upline in case of an emergency it will auto disable the compass when skipping past a stop and you are now without a compass..

Also, it will always calculate your deco/ascent plan based on the gasses that are programmed.. so if your gas gets lost, you have no idea on what your new ascent plan will look like up until you reach that specific gas's switch depth and you ignore the switch, only then will it auto exclude the gas.. so if you lost O2 and wanted an alternate deco profile based on just the gas you have.. you wont know what that is until you reach the stop depth for O2 and ignore the switch so it can "exclude" the gas..

Koos

Yikes! On that second issue. How do you give feedback to the developers?

so all of these 3 items were present in the old 3 gas firmware as well, so scubapro would need to address those in the new firmware.

I send the Uwatec R&D team a feature/funciton feedback list every other week when I submit my dive logs and we correspond over email.

I have to say, those guys have been pretty awesome on feedback and communications.

in general Uwatec has some of the best and solid dive computers on the market, so if they can square out the Trimix stuff, it will be fantastic!

2 years late… Since Duke Nukem is out , I have faith in the upgrade…

Oops sorry already sold my Luna and bought an OSTC…

:bump:

Any update?

C'mon, Uwatec, you're letting us down!!!

:bump:

Any update?

C'mon, Uwatec, you're letting us down!!!

That's been almost 3 years they said they will implement Trimix in the Luna, :hmmm: :dozingoff:
This is not serious, peolple are selling their Luna.

i have a luna and liked the idea of trimix on it but now i see this thread every few months or so and laugh. the release date NEVER!

That's been almost 3 years they said they will implement Trimix in the Luna, :hmmm: :dozingoff:
This is not serious, peolple are selling their Luna.

Folks with true aspirations of diving with trimix would not have purchased the Luna or Sol for that purpose in the first place. Enjoy the computer for what it is, a very good recreational computer...

Back
Top Bottom