Galileo Upgrade Costs

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

guyharrisonphoto

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Hello,

How much are the costs for the following upgrades to the Luna:

1. Predictive Multi Gas
2. Apnea
3. Trimix

Thanks very much!

---------- Post added June 1st, 2013 at 02:39 PM ----------

Oops, just saw from the Scubapro site that the Apnea and Trimix are free. Could not tell about the PMG.

Also, what about the HRM (including the strap?)

Should I also be installing Firmware 1.7? Or is that for the trimix only?

Trimix is free to trimix certified diver. PMG is $99.

I had the PMG upgrade installed a few months back. If I were to do it over again. I would either sell my luna and get a used predator or new petrel or keep the luna and use it as a bottom timer and still get the petrel.

What about the Luna makes you say this, the display? the algorithms? Other factors? There is a lot that I like about the Luna (long battery life, self-changeable batteries, gas integration, the excellent compass feature, BIG and very readable display, a stopwatch for deco/safety stops that counts in seconds). The trimix algorthm seems to be the standard Buhl 16. There is also a microbubble modification that gives you more stops, starting deeper, but I could not find out what algorithm is used to implement that feature.

I know the display is not bright like the OLED, but the Shearwater displays seem to have small numerals and to be cramped in their layout.

But, all of this is just from looking and not using them. So I would definitely appreciate any input you personally have, having owned both.

Thanks

It's best if you locate an Authorized SCUBAPRO Dealer to get the price quotes on upgrades.

Back
Top Bottom