Garuda Indonesia's New Uber Cheap Fares... BUT WAIT!!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My friend was telling me about this offer when I was in Jakarta couple of wks ago. I'd jump on it if I was living in JKT.

Sriwijaya Air offers unlimited flight promotion

We debated it… My father-in-law, who really knows his stuff, laughed and said it must be only a matter of weeks or months before they go under. With the complete lack of consumer protection laws in Indonesia, we decided to pass.

Any reason for going under? I’ve been using them to go to Raja Ampat (twice) from Jakarta to Sorong and from Jakarta to Berau in the way to Maratua Atoll (once). All 3 roundtrip flights were on time. We were packed like sardines because of cheap flights. Other than that, I thought Sriwijaya Air is pretty good.

i've got fed up with Garuda... too many flights cancelled by them in the last year with huge headache for an entire group booking ... 12 pax :(
I suspect you could work your way through all the Indonesian airlines, eliminate each in turn after they do something lame, and have no airlines left to fly. (Just like US airlines, but with more interesting lame events.)

I suspect you could work your way through all the Indonesian airlines, eliminate each in turn after they do something lame, and have no airlines left to fly. (Just like US airlines, but with more interesting lame events.)

I sense this thread may turn into one of those questioning which airline is most likely to fly a plane into a mountain or into the sea.

I sense this thread may turn into one of those questioning which airline is most likely to fly a plane into a mountain or into the sea.
United :p

We debated it… My father-in-law, who really knows his stuff, laughed and said it must be only a matter of weeks or months before they go under. With the complete lack of consumer protection laws in Indonesia, we decided to pass.
I would've done it. LOL. The amount of the trips that I would take within the first 2 months will probably break even the cost if not coming out ahead.

But the T&C and seat availability might be the sketchy part.

true but though i've experienced delays, Garuda are the only ones to have cancelled on us, without actually informing us, and to offer a flight on another day... too late to meet the liveaboard departure. Lion, Srijiwaya and Batik have all been good in that respect and i've flown indo a lot in the last 2 years ;-)

true but though i've experienced delays, Garuda are the only ones to have cancelled on us, without actually informing us, and to offer a flight on another day... too late to meet the liveaboard departure. Lion, Srijiwaya and Batik have all been good in that respect and i've flown indo a lot in the last 2 years ;-)

Bottom line is they all suck. My experience is that Garuda sucks a bit less than the others and that Lion is, by far, the absolute worst. That being said, I have had more "good enough" experiences on Lion than bad ones. Your milage may vary.

Bottom line is they all suck. My experience is that Garuda sucks a bit less than the others and that Lion is, by far, the absolute worst. That being said, I have had more "good enough" experiences on Lion than bad ones. Your milage may vary.
Also my experience. All suck, Garuda just sucks marginally less.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom